Our new mobile game Monkee Stories

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
tulip
Flower Pot

Our new mobile game Monkee Stories

Post by tulip »

Sorry to take this forum again to advertise one of our games, but it is still on topic I guess, I mean I am not promoting a new refridgerator or anything.

I remember some of you guys liked the idea of a text adventure where you can add content while playing, well here you go:

We recently published the following game on Android (iOS soon to follow):

Monkee Stories is an app that allows its users to collaboratively create Stories and expand them however they like.

Facebook Link
Playstore Link
Website

Please try it out! It's completely fresh, it's free (ad-funded but shouldn't be too many), so create some awesome content. Maybe a keen story!

And let everyone know about it :D
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Whoa, nice. I had an idea for this kind of thing once, but with longer stories. Making it shorter like this is actually a lot more engaging! And the app is well-made, too. :)

Edit: Feedback.
  • I'd love it if you could write a little bit more when adding a new option with a result. Some people are very clever with writing a funny sentence eloquently, but there isn't always space for it.
  • When I try to banana an option, it selects the option and THEN I can banana it. That feels like it's doing something different than what I wanted: I'm tapping the banana and not the whole option.
  • When I press the back button, it exits out of the story completely while I expected it to just go back a step. Same for the back button in the corner: might be better to have both a "1 step back" and a "back to home" option there.
  • That pantless hero poster is excellent. You should add that to the app screenshots. Makes it stand out more. :)
  • I have a bluetooth keyboard. When it times out/disconnects, the app screen turns black for a few seconds. Luckily, no progress is lost.
  • Because there's quotes around everything, adding more quotes makes it look like a mess. So you can't have someone say a line as a response without there being duplicate quotes.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

So the three word story game has been adapted into... a game?
Sounds neat 8)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Thanks for your detailed feedback DaVince.
DaVince wrote:Whoa, nice. I had an idea for this kind of thing once, but with longer stories. Making it shorter like this is actually a lot more engaging! And the app is well-made, too. :)
I'd love it if you could write a little bit more when adding a new option with a result. Some people are very clever with writing a funny sentence eloquently, but there isn't always space for it.
We are still evaluating the space you have. It shouldn't get out of hand by becoming too long, but this is probably gonna be adapted in the process.
When I try to banana an option, it selects the option and THEN I can banana it. That feels like it's doing something different than what I wanted: I'm tapping the banana and not the whole option.
Yes that is a good suggestion, we might change that in the future, adding it to the report log
When I press the back button, it exits out of the story completely while I expected it to just go back a step. Same for the back button in the corner: might be better to have both a "1 step back" and a "back to home" option there.
Actually you can go back one step by scrolling up and clicking an earlier headline, but maybe the ui is not obvious enough here, we'll give it some thought.
That pantless hero poster is excellent. You should add that to the app screenshots. Makes it stand out more. :)
Yeah we should probably work a bit still on the screens in the store
I have a bluetooth keyboard. When it times out/disconnects, the app screen turns black for a few seconds. Luckily, no progress is lost.
Interesting bug report. What kind of device are you using?
Because there's quotes around everything, adding more quotes makes it look like a mess. So you can't have someone say a line as a response without there being duplicate quotes.
Agreed, we already talked about that and it'll change soon.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Interesting bug report. What kind of device are you using?
Galaxy Tab 2. I do have to note that every time the Bluetooth keyboard connects, most apps will have a bit of a "reset" moment. I think this might just be an Android bug in general.
Wow look at me I'm lurking