Gaming for Charity

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Gaming for Charity

Post by Flaose »

Some of you may know that I regularly stream on Twitch for GOG.com. While I'm not their most popular streamer, I do have a bit of an audience.

Every year I donate to the ALS Society of Alberta, a local non-profit that gave a lot of help to my family when my mother was diagnosed with the disease.

In an attempt to use my new-found "celebrity" for good I am going to be doing a live 24-hour charity marathon stream playing mostly old (and old-school) games–including, of course, some Commander Keen games–starting on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 6:00am GMT (2:00am EDT / 4:00pm AEST) on my Twitch channel, http://www.twitch.tv/flaose. I will also be simulcasting for most of the day on the GOG.com Twitch channel, http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom. I'll be specifically playing the Commander Keen games for about two hours, starting at the halfway mark. Even if you're not comfortable with donating, I hope you guys will at least stop by and say hi! :)
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I'll definitely stop by!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I still haven't figured out this thing. Is this like tv, that you have view it at 6am or you'll miss it, or is the stream stored somewhere? After it's over, it's over forever? Anyway, you should play some mods, it might be interesting to let people see them. :dopekeen At any rate, good luck with the plan, it sounds good.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Nice! :)
KeenRush wrote:I still haven't figured out this thing. Is this like tv, that you have view it at 6am or you'll miss it, or is the stream stored somewhere?
If you manage to visit while he's streaming you'll be witnessing it live, and there will be a chat. Once the stream is over, you can still watch the recordings in the "past broadcasts" section of the user profile.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Hopefully I'll catch some of it ;) I am your new 111th sub.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Flaose-flattery makes one say really awkward things.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

*bump* Glad you hit your stretch goals Flaose (over 1000 C$!) congratulations!
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I'm watching parts of the recording right now. Good work! Amazing that you managed to reach both the $350 and $750 goals. :)
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Thanks everyone! :) I can't believe how much money was raised during the stream and how many people stopped by to support it! People can really be great.

My body will hate me for it, but perhaps I will do a 2nd Annual Charity Stream next year.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's