Cuck-Porn Producer Makes "Kid Show" - Petition to

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
User avatar
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime
Posts: 3004
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36

Cuck-Porn Producer Makes "Kid Show" - Petition to

Post by Paramultart » Mon Jun 29, 2015 15:56

I don't watch television. I don't let my children watch television, and likely never will. This is partially why.

Image

Note: The show is filled with even more examples of sexual fetishism, and references to the cuckold fetish.

Why, oh why, would they hire a porn producer to make a kid's show, if not to warp their minds?

Sign this petition to "Keep Sex Fetishism Out of Children's Television"
https://www.change.org/p/nickelodeon-vi ... television
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"

User avatar
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?
Posts: 2089
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:02
Location: Tied up in the Oracle Chamber's basement
Contact:

Post by Keening_Product » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58

:bloody

Are they having sex on the show? Or are some people unhappy that black and white people are sharing lead roles instead of living on separate planets?

Oh, no! A man stood behind a woman while talking in a scene! Better screengrab that!:mortlol You could make the same allegations about the Bold and the Beautiful if you snapped the same stills.

And also, if there are parallels, who gives a smeg? The kids don't know and something as generic as this is hardly going shape their future sexual preferences. The argument is no different to saying kids would try to make out with fire after watching Adventure Time.
Image
"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass

User avatar
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime
Posts: 3004
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36

Post by Paramultart » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:37

As long as it's subtle enough, who cares?
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"

User avatar
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?
Posts: 2089
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:02
Location: Tied up in the Oracle Chamber's basement
Contact:

Post by Keening_Product » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:52

In this instance, yes.

I think the bigger potential issue in kids' shows is the teaching of traditional gender roles and male power - that DOES have an ultimately negative effect on the future lives of kids.
Image
"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass

User avatar
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime
Posts: 3004
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36

Post by Paramultart » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:44

Have you seen television in the last fifty years?

Girls always win at sports, win at fights, and now have leading roles in a ton of television shows, including action shows and cartoons. (Just off the top of my head: Totally Spies, La Femme Nikita, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Powerpuff Girls, etc etc etc.)

Gender roles were abolished a long time ago. HOORAY FOR CULTURAL MARXISM!

Now what about how white men are always portrayed in media as being weak, dorky, and effeminate, while black men are portrayed as hip, cool, and masculine?

Why are there no Clint Eastwood / Arnold Schwarzenegger lead male roles anymore?
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"

User avatar
Roobar
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 16:12

Post by Roobar » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:38

But wait, there are lead male roles!

Image

Oh, wait, no, maybe this one...

Image

Nope. Or every Disney movie and tv show ever? Nah... But srsly, I haven't watched Genisys. Are you telling me that the lead role is female and Arnold Schwarzenegger is not?

User avatar
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 18:46
Contact:

Post by Plasma Captain » Tue Jun 30, 2015 13:53

Paramultart wrote:Have you seen television in the last fifty years?
Girls always win at sports, win at fights,
Well, this is a whole different issue than what you originally addressed. This particular problem lies in people trying to write empowering stuff and/or trying to appease certain demographics by creating characters who are so perfect, they're at Mary Sue levels of detachment from reality, and audiences cannot actually relate to them, no matter how deluded they may be.

Making strong female protagonists is cool. You just don't want to go overboard. It's the same way with making tough men who are so "flawless", at least in the minds of their creators, that they become cartoonish caracitures of a testosterone-fueled male fantasy. It's the same thing.
Paramultart wrote:Gender roles were abolished a long time ago.
This is... a vast misinterpretation of events... But I can't imagine that following this line of conversation would be beneficial to any presently involved.
Paramultart wrote:Now what about how white men are always portrayed in media as being weak, dorky, and effeminate, while black men are portrayed as hip, cool, and masculine?
I'm not exactly sure given that many movies still have strong white male leads. I'm pretty sure that programs of both types exist. I also don't know why it should matter.
Paramultart wrote:Why are there no Clint Eastwood / Arnold Schwarzenegger lead male roles anymore?
Maybe they're not Clint Eastwood or Arnold Schwarzenegger (those are pretty specific guys) but here are just a few, and these are only action movies...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245526/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821694/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403865/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911666/

Oh wait, that last one featured Keanu Reeves. Maybe he's not white enough for you...?

I'd like to believe that your qualm is not inherently racist/sexist and is more along the lines of a fear of potential racism/sexism toward you. But... it's hard to tell.

I've noted seen a bunch of other movies in this genre that look like they feature persons who fit in your niche, but I haven't actually watched them (I don't catch a lot of movies) and I didn't want to just post a long laundry list of links here.

User avatar
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?
Posts: 2089
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:02
Location: Tied up in the Oracle Chamber's basement
Contact:

Post by Keening_Product » Wed Jul 01, 2015 0:12

Paramultart wrote:Girls always win at sports, win at fights, and now have leading roles in a ton of television shows, including action shows and cartoons. (Just off the top of my head: Totally Spies, La Femme Nikita, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Powerpuff Girls, etc etc etc.)
That's a massive simplification and completely misses the point. Women who achieve power are almost always given a flaw or some kind of emotional weakness their male counterparts do not have (there are a few shows on women in power in US politics at the moment that seem to fit that based on the trailers) and have to acknowledge their gender to make it okay that they win. Women also often have to conform to a male world to achieve power in popular TV - that dragon woman in Game of Thrones, for example. The only way she settles into her life as a sex slave is by learning how to please her rapist. Women in that show especially achieve power through sex and conformity, not through any strong personal willpower.

Then there's traditional family structures pushed in almost every other sitcom and TV show - diversity in home structure is exceptionally rare in popular television.

As for strong male leads: Fast and the Furious and all that other crap. Also Batman and other superhero movies have strong male leads, while maintaining a lot of traditional gender roles.

Para, I'll leave it up to you if you want to pull this back on topic or want to keep discussing issues of representation in media.
Image
"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass

GoldenRishi
Vortininja
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:20

Post by GoldenRishi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:53

*sigh*

This thread is so full of unthoughtful assertions and assumptions I can't really see how this could possibly be a beneficial discussion, ranging from
Have you seen television in the last fifty years?

Girls always win at sports, win at fights, and now have leading roles in a ton of television shows, including action shows and cartoons. (Just off the top of my head: Totally Spies, La Femme Nikita, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Powerpuff Girls, etc etc etc.)

Gender roles were abolished a long time ago. HOORAY FOR CULTURAL MARXISM!

Now what about how white men are always portrayed in media as being weak, dorky, and effeminate, while black men are portrayed as hip, cool, and masculine?

Why are there no Clint Eastwood / Arnold Schwarzenegger lead male roles anymore?
to
Women who achieve power are almost always given a flaw or some kind of emotional weakness their male counterparts do not have (there are a few shows on women in power in US politics at the moment that seem to fit that based on the trailers) and have to acknowledge their gender to make it okay that they win. Women also often have to conform to a male world to achieve power in popular TV - that dragon woman in Game of Thrones, for example. The only way she settles into her life as a sex slave is by learning how to please her rapist. Women in that show especially achieve power through sex and conformity, not through any strong personal willpower.
we seem to be hitting the two very unthoughtful, stereotypical views on each extreme end here. Nothing like talking about shows clearly neither of you understand --never let that get in the way of making a sweeping declaration though!

I'm very much on the feminist end of the things, but neither of these caricatures is doing very much to promote healthy gender relations in society and the media.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)

User avatar
tulip
Flower Pot
Posts: 2520
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:50
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Post by tulip » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:43

Interesting debate, but to get back towards the initial show topic:

For me it's kind of hard pointing fingers and saying "this is wrong!".
One, because the first ones that should not have let the show happen, are the parents of the actors if they think it's wrong.
But if they think it's ok, and the actors think it's ok and in the end grow up to be normal adults with a stable psychological profil, then what harm did it do?

Tbh, I think the whole premature stardom fucl you up pretty quickly, anyways, and it's not as hidden references would influences matter much then.

And again it's the education you give your child, and the time you as family spend with it, that makes watching TV either dangerous or not.

Saying "This show is dangerous for my child, because fetishism = bad" is both kind of blaming others for failing at the parenting responsibility, and the second part is just unreflected and untrue.

On the other hand, yes I think we sexualize youth too much, and because the whole society is doing this, that girl will probably at age 14 show her boobs "acidentally" on the internet. But is it that show's fault? or would any other show without fetish references have done the same? (see Emma Watson for example)

But in the end I think it's like this: What have we become when we don't have the ability anymore ourselves to choose what is right and wrong for us? do we have to ban every tv show we don't like or can we simply choose to not watch it and let everyone else decide for themselves?
Image You crack me up little buddy!

User avatar
candyjack
Vortininja
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 21:20
Location: Fribbulus Xax
Contact:

Post by candyjack » Fri Jul 17, 2015 14:19

GoldenRishi wrote:*sigh*

This thread is so full of unthoughtful assertions and assumptions I can't really see how this could possibly be a beneficial discussion, ranging from
Have you seen television in the last fifty years?

Girls always win at sports, win at fights, and now have leading roles in a ton of television shows, including action shows and cartoons. (Just off the top of my head: Totally Spies, La Femme Nikita, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Powerpuff Girls, etc etc etc.)

Gender roles were abolished a long time ago. HOORAY FOR CULTURAL MARXISM!

Now what about how white men are always portrayed in media as being weak, dorky, and effeminate, while black men are portrayed as hip, cool, and masculine?

Why are there no Clint Eastwood / Arnold Schwarzenegger lead male roles anymore?
to
Women who achieve power are almost always given a flaw or some kind of emotional weakness their male counterparts do not have (there are a few shows on women in power in US politics at the moment that seem to fit that based on the trailers) and have to acknowledge their gender to make it okay that they win. Women also often have to conform to a male world to achieve power in popular TV - that dragon woman in Game of Thrones, for example. The only way she settles into her life as a sex slave is by learning how to please her rapist. Women in that show especially achieve power through sex and conformity, not through any strong personal willpower.
we seem to be hitting the two very unthoughtful, stereotypical views on each extreme end here. Nothing like talking about shows clearly neither of you understand --never let that get in the way of making a sweeping declaration though!

I'm very much on the feminist end of the things, but neither of these caricatures is doing very much to promote healthy gender relations in society and the media.
What's wrong with Keening_Product's statement, though? He said it solely to refute Paramultart's hasty generalization, but he himself did not resort to that fallacy. Furthermore, it seems quite factual -- Daenerys does in fact submit to her rapist. What's the unthoughtful part here?
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].

User avatar
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:06
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly » Fri Jul 17, 2015 16:12

tulip wrote: But in the end I think it's like this: What have we become when we don't have the ability anymore ourselves to choose what is right and wrong for us? do we have to ban every tv show we don't like or can we simply choose to not watch it and let everyone else decide for themselves?
Now there's an idea: just ban tv. Force everyone to play the video games and read the things I did when I was a kid! Everything will be perfect when the entire global population is entirely in-line with being identical to all of my opinions. :dopefish
Image
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Post by Levellass » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:22

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
tulip wrote: But in the end I think it's like this: What have we become when we don't have the ability anymore ourselves to choose what is right and wrong for us? do we have to ban every tv show we don't like or can we simply choose to not watch it and let everyone else decide for themselves?
Now there's an idea: just ban tv. Force everyone to play the video games and read the things I did when I was a kid! Everything will be perfect when the entire global population is entirely in-line with being identical to all of my opinions. :dopefish
Wiser words were never spoken.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 22:09

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:27

Yeah things are kinda getting out of control with television, movies too.

Me and my fiance even agreed we would N E V E R let our children watch more than half the stuff out there now, especially on Cartoon Network (looking at YOU, Uncle Grandpa. -_- ) I'm afraid of letting them watch TV at all with the nonsense out and now there's outrageous stuff like this going on?

This is what's becoming of the world, I guess. *sigh*

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Post by Levellass » Fri Aug 07, 2015 22:28

My theory is that cartoons are now not actually for children. They're really being pitched to adults, but nobody wants to admit that since it would stigmatize the audience.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

Post Reply