Attention Americans (and non-americans)

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Who puts rifles in an oven?
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

ScarletFlame wrote:Who puts rifles in an oven?
Someone who is baked.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Paramultart wrote:Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious hearing non-Americans acting like they're experts on all of our issues because they parrot our MSM's buzzwords and talking points.
Well I'll cut you a deal, we'll stop blathering arrogant nonsense about your problems if you stop blathering arrogant nonsense about ours.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Slayter's back! Did you get my PM about AK4?

So because people are lazy idiots, that means it's the fault of everyone else that we let them have guns and booze? Isn't weeding out asshats the reason that permits and licenses were invented? Oh, wait, that would turn it into the privilege to bear arms. I got nothin. Rights are so obviously the most sacred thing in the world and privileges are the incarnation of evil that social justice warriors want to burn forever. Middle grounds and reasoning does not exist.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Levellass wrote: Well I'll cut you a deal, we'll stop blathering arrogant nonsense about your problems if you stop blathering arrogant nonsense about ours.
Do you mean Americans collectively?

I don't think any of us have anything bad to say about New Zealand.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Levellass wrote:
Paramultart wrote:Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious hearing non-Americans acting like they're experts on all of our issues because they parrot our MSM's buzzwords and talking points.
Well I'll cut you a deal, we'll stop blathering arrogant nonsense about your problems if you stop blathering arrogant nonsense about ours.
Sorry, but that's a bit of an odd suggestion/bizarre accusation. We can argue gun control all we like as a side discussion, but the fact of the matter is that it was Rorie who entered the thread and started attacking the way Americans were doing things, not the other way around. The entire reason it's being discussed is because he introduced it as a topic and insisted that there's many Americans who are arguing against Australia or trying to vilify it (I'm not convinced of this, I think Americans are more likely to complain about England and Canada). Which is fine, he can criticize whatever he likes of course, and I'm probably in more agreement with him than disagreement on the topic. However, it does render the whole "Don't attack us if you don't want us to attack you" point quite hypocritical.

(Unless of course you mean Paramultart's opinions on the whole forum as a whole, in which case I can understand)
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Paramultart wrote:
Levellass wrote: Well I'll cut you a deal, we'll stop blathering arrogant nonsense about your problems if you stop blathering arrogant nonsense about ours.
Do you mean Americans collectively?

Please say bad things of this goda forsaken backwater. I hate it here I a m forever stuck, I ca
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

If you look at gun violence in America demographically, or if you simply live in the right (wrong) neighborhood, you will learn quickly that America does not have a gun problem to account for its high gun crime...

It has another problem. (And no... It's not le "racism". I'm talking about real issues that exist outside of Marxist university lectures.)

Knife violence is pretty common, too.

http://i.imgur.com/OBXiblk.png

Are we going to ban knives?
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Paramultart wrote:If you look at gun violence in America demographically, or if you simply live in the right (wrong) neighborhood, you will learn quickly that America does not have a gun problem to account for its high gun crime...

It has another problem. (And no... It's not le "racism". I'm talking about real issues that exist outside of Marxist university lectures.)

Knife violence is pretty common, too.

http://i.imgur.com/OBXiblk.png

Are we going to ban knives?
Sure, you can't carry them around here. Works a treat since it's pretty hefty if you get caught with any kind of concealed weaponry here.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Yeah, you can't carry knives or any weapons in Australia either (well, a small number with a licence), and in my state (and others, I assume) there are laws against "regulated weapons" - that is, carrying anything with the intent of using it as a weapon. When cops overreached very soon after the laws were passed with the arrest of someone wearing a studded belt, the courts kicked the case out, setting a precedent for carrying potentially dangerous objects lawfully. That does not include casually carrying knives though - you have to have a reason to be.

Also, racism is a real issue, not just one to the left. I know plenty of right wingers who consider racism to be a problem.

Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Paramultart wrote:Do you mean Americans collectively?

Indeed collectively. And you'd be surprised. Currently the issue is the TPPA. Also it's amazing how many people believe our markets have only become free since the 1980s. Mostly we avoid it by Americans not knowing we exist, but other countries cop an earful.

But the issue is everyone has a lot to say about any place that isn't where they live. If we had the power we'd all try to police the world.

Paramultart wrote:Are we going to ban knives?
Britain did.

What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I might turn in my sword, but there's no way I'm giving up my knife.
https://youtu.be/svpiZlBXiwg?t=2m49s
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Keening_Product, you truly are phenomenal at missing the point.

Admin: edit this post again, VBB, and you'll be banned.
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Mon Sep 07, 2015 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

VBB, please don't use my real name on here. What was the point of that? Seriously? I've edited it out of your post.