Attention Americans (and non-americans)

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I like the word heteroracial 8)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

i Respect the right to free speech and all but what really garg me is that the American media particularly fueled by the NRA, criticizing Australia's Gun Control Laws given the fact that some gun owners have never visited Australia or actually spent a year or two working here just to discover that our laws are far more effective of reducing gun related crime than actually giving Americans the right to bear arms for the so called purpose of defense, my invitation to my critics is come to Australia, Work here or just to visit for a year or two, then you will see the difference, I would not be surprised by many Americans who own a gun actually reject my offer all over the fact, they have been brainwashed by the GOP & NRA that Australia is evil!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/artic ... 32.jpg?v=1

On the one hand, free speech!

On the other hand a white male has been oppressed by a woman.

Which side do you take?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Rorie wrote:they have been brainwashed by the GOP & NRA that Australia is evil!
the fucl? Are you trolling now? :confused
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

The NRA outright lies about the effectiveness of Australia's gun laws, but I don't recall them saying we're evil.

I saw Santorum saying he was looking for closer military ties with Australia given our vague proximity to territory disputed by China, Japan and South Korea. He wasn't hating on us, though I assume that's because the US would rather base its troops here, as it's already doing, and not on American soil so if there is a conflict Australian territory is dragged in.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Eh, I wouldn't put it past the NRA. These are the people who support 'false flag' conspiracy theories about mass shootings.

Besides, Australians *are* evil. It's just a side effect of living there, it tolerates no weakness.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
Rorie wrote:they have been brainwashed by the GOP & NRA that Australia is evil!
the fucl? Are you trolling now? :confused
No I am not, Free Speech, I'm entitled to it even if you do not agree with my stances on the National Rifle Association or Republicans, My belief is some but not all Americans are brainwashed by these evil two groups that are out there to destroy America with it pursuit in gun rights, If Donald Trump becomes President, America can very much say goodbye, Can you imagine an America under Trump? It would be very much like an Australia under Tony Abbott which is exactly what we're seeing right now!
Up yours Fleexy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

But we had shows like Rocko's Modern Life that taught us Australians are funny and we don't need to take them seriously; that's the opposite of assuming they're evil.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This is true. On the other hand oppression comes in many forms, not all directly traceable to the government. On the other other hand sometimes oppression is good. On the other foot (The one with the shoe) it's apparently possible to censor someone's speech if they kick a ball about: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... seems.html
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:But we had shows like Rocko's Modern Life that taught us Australians are funny and we don't need to take them seriously; that's the opposite of assuming they're evil.
VBB, I will just state again that I don't hate America or Americans, I just don't like how the land of the free and home of the brave is tearing itself apart with guns and the violence and deaths that are associated with guns, If you choose to have a firearm that is your choice and I assume that you use it within the 2nd amendment which guarantees you the right to use it in a situation where either your life or another innocent life is at threat, I just would not like to see my own country wind back the clock 19 years and start giving Aussies the right to own guns back, Australia has progressed for the better since we learned from Port Arthur and it would be suicide to wind back how far we have come since 1996

Another thing, I loved Hawai'i so much that I do intend to visit some of the other 49 states in the foreseeable future so I would not want to contradict my chances of obtaining a new visa to enter the US, My friend Stephen is Canadian Born but Holds Australian Citizenship, we both plan to visit Canada some day in the Future but to get there we have to transit through the US and we need visas to even be able to wait in transit

I apologize if I cause any offense over my comments but then again I am entitled to my view even if someone does disagree with me

I Love America even though with all the garg that happens that the media blasts, I just don't want to call it my home and I do wish that my own government would stop trying to Americanize everything, Americanizing Education and Health Care in a country like Australia doesn't work and Tony Abbott needs to realize that, otherwise in the months ahead to the next Federal Election, he will be gone and his party? confined to opposition for decades to come!
Up yours Fleexy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

You complaining about America based on what you see in the media is kind of like how a lot of people here complain about muslims based on what they see in the media.

It's the beautiful circle of propaganda.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious hearing non-Americans acting like they're experts on all of our issues because they parrot our MSM's buzzwords and talking points.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Slayterdawg
Vortininja

Post by Slayterdawg »

The dawg is back...

I’ve been a silent observer for a little while ….
I just thought I put my 2cents in this conversation.
Nearly 88,009 people die from alcohol-related causes annually, making it the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. In 2013, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities (homicides) accounted for 10,076 deaths (30.8 percent of overall driving fatalities).
In 2013, there were 33,636 gun deaths in the U.S. (11,208 homicides - 33% of total gun deaths).
The root cause of these problems is people don't THINK. The tools (alcohol/guns) are not responsible for these tragedies. The PEOPLE are. Today’s youth have the idea that they can do anything they want with little consequences. They absolutely have NO problem of taking a handout. (Their idea of a job is walking to the mail box to get a handout.) I know this because I see it first-hand (my kin folk). I work, I pay taxes, and I live comfortable. They work (walk to mailbox), pay no taxes, live okay, and then ask to borrow money. No personal accountability….
I have the right to fulfill my dreams. I’m responsible for my actions and for my family. There is too much talk about ‘Their Rights’ and not their personal responsibilities.
shalom
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Access to the tools, however, enables the actions. Restrict access, lower the incidences. Once again, the Australian example: buy guns back and restrict access = no mass shootings since and lower suicide rates. Guns make murder and suicide so easy it's an impulse decision.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass