Attention Americans (and non-americans)

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I never said I was voting republican.

KP: by "here," do you mean Australia? Oh ho ho, someone in bed with the ruling powers of pckf sees nothing wrong with giving regular members of society nothing to fight back with if their government goes corrupt.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Obviously I mean Australia, you know where I live. And lol, yes, I bang the admins every night. Afterwards we laugh, oh how we laugh, about the unarmed masses of spam bots I strike down every other day with the powers they granted me.

It's your own thread, VBB, so it's up to you now whether you keep it on topic or continue to flail wildly instead of providing proof. Your argument has swung from anti-immigrants to anti-government. Will you provide evidence that a disarmed population with high Muslim immigration is the recipe for disaster you claim it is?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I am not anti-immigrant! I'm anti-tyranny. That's what Ron Paul is all about. That's what my thread is all about! You're all changing my arguments to be about anti-immigration and pro-republican. You want your proof? Look at youtube copyright strikes. It's shoot first and ask questions later! That's what the corporate elites can do in an uneven playing field. It's going to scare the immigrants who are told "you're not allowed to protect yourself" and the anti-muslim extremists will riot when the gub'ment tries to take their arms away. Everyone will freak out and everything will be extreme! It's not like life is just going to go on normally like it always does after people complain about whatever the current political debate is, I haven't seen a single political cartoon ever not be 100% reflective of reality... ever.

edit: Of course they don't want to kill people in Australia, because it's not Australians that are attacking them.

edit 2: Look at EarthBound. Just think about what would have happened if Ness's right to bear a baseball bat was taken away. Giygas would have destroyed Earth!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Actually, we are, annoyingly.

I'll respond to the rest later. Have better things to do.

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Woah, what? What's australia doing in iran/iraq? :confused
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I never said I was voting republican.
If America and the GOP had any shed of decently, they would dis-endorse Trump immediately therefore meaning he will never be President, The Don is a embarrassment to not only the US, it's people but also his American/Scottish heritage, and neither America or Scotland want his bigotry and hate speech!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Decency. What politician has it? We can't even call them traitors anymore. Traitors to what? The Constitution? Heh. Decency. It's a drop of water in the desert. I might have the decency to note vote for Trump, but what difference does that make either way?
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Pretty much none, since presidents are just figureheads. It's also weird that this presidential system appeals to a society against monarchy simply by not calling them kings. Or "prime ministers" or whatever.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Pretty much none, since presidents are just figureheads. It's also weird that this presidential system appeals to a society against monarchy simply by not calling them kings. Or "prime ministers" or whatever.
A Constitutional Monarchy has a queen or king as head of state, the Commonwealth of Australia has a queen as our head of state and A Prime Minister as our head of government, ironically the current head of state for the commonwealth of nations has the same monarch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

troublesomekeen wrote:Decency. What politician has it? We can't even call them traitors anymore. Traitors to what? The Constitution? Heh. Decency. It's a drop of water in the desert. I might have the decency to note vote for Trump, but what difference does that make either way?
Perhaps maybe in America, but in Australia I will not refrain from calling the Liberal Party traitors, for example Tony Abbott our former PM!
Up yours Fleexy!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Looks like ISideWith.com has gotten their stuff together for the 2016 US election. Time to compare results! It says I'm a right-wing libertarian, which sounds about right.

EDIT: Also, PoliticalCompass, as ScarletFlame reminded me that exists:
Last edited by Fleexy on Mon Dec 21, 2015 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Let's see how terrible human beings we all are

My result was...
not really surprising.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

I don't like Political Compass - left/right divisions are a gross simplification of political views, even when including an authoritarian/not y axis. Having said that, it places me as far left as its graph can handle and, if I recall correctly, half way down the negative area of the y axis. The authoritarian/not calculation bothers me most - I believe property valuations should be enforced and support other strict economic controls, which is not asked and would probably place me in positive y territory, not that that's an accurate measure of political views on its own.

[Edit: added word "support"]
Last edited by Keening_Product on Fri Dec 25, 2015 14:54, edited 2 times in total.

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Economic Left/Right: -4.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It always amused me how an issue can be on either side of the left\right divide depending on the history of a country. Abortion for example was a centrist issue here and defended slightly more by the right than the left due to there being a lack of religious alignment with the right and more value of human life being emphasized by the left.

In theory the right in America should be against police violence, they're certainly against the military doing such things on American soil (What happened to Jade helm anyway guys?) but due they're not. Prison reform is moving to the center from the left, possibly as people realize how expensive and bloated the system has become.

All in all I figure these divisions are about as useful as 'Us' vs 'Them'.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.