Fragmented Posts

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

Is there a reason why my old comment about feeling that it's dumb to be livid about foreign video games/media is being quoted, corrupted, and posted everywhere? And Levellass's comments as well?

I don't understand.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Plasma Captain wrote:Is there a reason why my old comment about feeling that it's dumb to be livid about foreign video games/media is being quoted, corrupted, and posted everywhere? And Levellass's comments as well?

I don't understand.
I think Para just took posts partially at random and partially not, and spammed up the forums with them. Although I don't advise it, if you read his posts, you can see that they are filled with slurs and homophobia but mostly random/nonsensical whining, at least the ones that he wrote. I partially suspect that he wrote a script or else used a script to generate corrupted broken text fragments. But his posts (which aren't exactly easy to read) are pretty abhorrent.

I don't expect his posts to stay up very long. As soon as any of the mods login in, this spam is toast.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

I had read a bunch of his posts, I didn't spend time looking at every topic as eventually I figured I had probably found all the variations. I was just wondering if there was any rhyme or reason to his reposting of this particular message. I suppose I will not receive an answer before a mod returns. I'm just curious, that's all.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Plasma Captain wrote:I had read a bunch of his posts, I didn't spend time looking at every topic as eventually I figured I had probably found all the variations. I was just wondering if there was any rhyme or reason to his reposting of this particular message. I suppose I will not receive an answer before a mod returns. I'm just curious, that's all.
Yeah, I think the personal messages are from the threads that he created. I think he's being very irrational, so I doubt that there's a rhyme or reason to this. I think he literally just found random posts and started reposting corrupted versions of them. I doubt this has anything to do with you.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Hey folks. I split these posts off into their own topic, feel free to continue the discussion if desired.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The messages were a coded "CEILICK WHY DID YOU BAN ME?" over and over and over again.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Ugh. Unban Paramultart for garg sake.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Some people might think that tomfoolery such as 'banamultart's recent outporing of utter bilge adds to the fun element of PCKF and Commander Keen.

I, on the other hand, am of the belief that it detracts from the fun. >:
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Benvolio wrote:Some people might think that tomfoolery such as 'banamultart's recent outporing of utter bilge adds to the fun element of PCKF and Commander Keen.

I, on the other hand, am of the belief that it detracts from the fun. >:
Yeah, agreed, I can't see how spamming up the forum "adds to the fun."

I'm not going to say that I'm happy that Paramultart was banned, because I like to get into arguments with people who have descenting views. However, I can't say that Paramultart hasn't been going out of his way to kick up irrelevant controversies and being pointlessly rude to mods (To put it mildly, he doxxed a mod's name, which I believe is illegal in the US, where he lives). And if he hadn't done those things, my suspicion is that he would very much still be an active member on these forums. So I may be wrong, but from where I sit this looks like a self-inflicted wound, and spamming up the forums with homophobic and racial slurs hardly seems like a productive way to convince people that he isn't acting irrationally. The thing about the First Amendment is that it allows you to say whatever you want, but it doesn't guarantee you the right for other people to listen or give you a soapbox for hate speech.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Benvolio wrote:Some people might think that tomfoolery such as 'banamultart's recent outporing of utter bilge adds to the fun element of PCKF and Commander Keen.
and it does! :D
Benvolio wrote:doxed a mod's name
Hmm...

*check's ceilick's profile*

Ceillick doxed himself with his email. I guess he's got to get banned now.Image
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

From my point of view it looked like self-destruction. I'm all for the idea of expressing one's self, but I feel a line was crossed a long time ago when Para seemed to adopt and flood the site with what could only really be described as hate speech. I stayed away from all that primarily due to the fact that it seemed the purpose of it all was just to provoke a hostile response, as opposed to actually engage in a debate. That's trolling, and that's completely unnecessary, especially on the internet as a whole.

Ultimately this whole experience was quite sad for me; there are many ways to leave a site, getting banned for consistently trolling hate speech in many strata is arguably one of, if not the, worst ways to go.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

It is sad when someone can no longer participate on the forum. The rules matter, they're intended to make this place safe and friendly for people of most ages. Someone who repeatedly, despite warnings, not only breaks them but ostensibly pushes to see what new thing they can get away with cannot be allowed to continue doing so. I'm not happy about it, I don't think anyone is.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

chrissifniotis wrote:That's trolling, and that's completely unnecessary, especially on the internet as a whole.
...Have you been on the internet in the last ten years? :confused The internet is the place that coined the word "trolling" in the first place.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
and it does! :D
Benvolio wrote:doxed a mod's name
Hmm...

*check's ceilick's profile*

Ceillick doxed himself with his email. I guess he's got to get banned now.Image
I went back to see who was doxxed when I remember it happening, and it was Keening_Product. What I got incorrect, however, is that Paramultart didn't do it, you did. So wrong on me, but you should bare in mind that Keening_Product could have pressed charges against you, for your own reference. Both you and Para should be thankful that the mods on here act like adults and don't attempt to press charges against you for these incursions or act like children for the slightest offense to their worldview.

Apparently Paramultart also did it, so I guess I wasn't too wrong, anyways, I was just incorrectly recollecting which case it had happened.