Absence

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I agree with both arguments, I'll admit to personally falling into VBB's definition, which is to say that I do tend to seek comfort more often than. There are times that I seem like I may be aggressive or controlling, but that's expressing passion rather than exerting control, I respect the freedom of thought and weigh any arguments with my own beliefs in order to draw reasonable conclusions and logical opinions.

I did a bit of research a while ago and discovered that studies suggest net trolls have similar personalities and behavioral traits to that of sociopaths. I wonder how a person like that would react if they witness a violent crime.

Bugger this! Let's Keen!
:pogo :yorp :garg :dead2
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

chrissifniotis wrote: I did a bit of research a while ago and discovered that studies suggest net trolls have similar personalities and behavioral traits to that of sociopaths. I wonder how a person like that would react if they witness a violent crime.
By giving them this.

"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Commander Keen: the universe's first interplanetary mass murderer.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Good grief. :bloody :mortlol
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

"Evildoer, I shall now shoot you!"

"For my crimes?"

"Heck no, I just like slaughtering people and this is one of the ways I can do so and not get in trouble for it. Now this is really going to hurt..."

(Come to think of it Keen's helmet is green and yellow... and so is Chara's shirt...)

All things aside both sociopaths and psychopaths aren't necessarily evil per se, they have personality traits that are useful for doing evil, but that's only one possibility., and it's not the entirety of who they are.

VikingBoyBilly wrote:From my experience, humanity seeks comfort and convenience...
The problem I have with that is the same as with 'Everything is selfish'; it can easily cover everything. Power? It's comfortable. Extreme sports? The rush is a comfort for some. giving your life to save a child? The moral highground is a great comfort. It's especially tricky when you start to say things like 'Comfort isn't necessarily comfy, it can be all sorts of complex things.'

In any case my question would reduce to 'Why do some seek this sort of comfort instead of other kinds?'
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.