Absence

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Absence

Post by Levellass »

FUN FACT: Paramultart has been gone for three months and you didn't notice.

So a while back my only computer threw a bit of a fit and somehow uninstalled, like, everything, including mouse, touchpad and PC speakers. I have no idea why, but it's possibly an age related issue. This has left me, and indeed the house without regular internet access. We have tablets, but they're rather a pain to use, especially since *I* don't have my own. Computer repair or replacement is a tricky prospect because it's spring repairs time and we're not made of money.

I can in fact get online but I find mobiles and tablets to be a little less painful than petting a cheese grater so until everything is sorted out my appearances will be somewhat patchy and minimal.

LL should have told everyone, but apparently someone died and she's being evicted and it slipped her mind. It's wonderful how it never rains but it pours.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Oh, THAT's what she said on deviantart. So you two still aren't the same person.

edit: wait, so you're her friend she was referring to?

edit 2: Para was never gone. Even now, while he's banned, he is still omnipresent.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Re: Absence

Post by Plasma Captain »

Levellass wrote:FUN FACT: Paramultart has been gone for three months and you didn't notice.
I'm assuming that you mean that this has happened in the past, but the way you said it, it sounded like the setup for some big reveal that the Paramultart we've been talking to lately was some kind of account demon or that he'd been dead all along or something equally ridiculous. :pumpkeen

I come from a forum wherein people can be gone for a year, sometimes more, and then come back like nothing's changed. Although I guess I become worried about people who are generally in repeat contact with me disappearing for weeks or months.

Also, I concur on the matter of touchscreen devices. Trying to type on those things is beyond me. It's possible, it's just kind of strenuous and not worth the effort for much more than brief texts.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Agreed, writing anything of substance on a phone or tablet is crap.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

Well hey, my phone's been my source of being able to be on here. Yeah it's a royal pain in the ass (even now my on-screen keyboard keeps giving out, disappearing and taking a while to come back up as I type this, making this message take extremely long to ty-- OOOH IT JUST DID IT YET AGAIN, SON OF A BITCH!!!) but I've managed.
Hopefully things get a whole lot better and you're back among us soon.
Formerly Boreas249.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Levellass! You're back! And...and you're real! It's just too good to be true!
I hope everything will be alright with LL. :(
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Yaaaay (mixture of happiness and sadness) I hope LL is ok too :'(
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

:eek Levellass = Paramultart ?! That makes no sense, Lass is too rational to troll. :p

It's good to hear from you Lass, I hope everything goes well with LL.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

chrissifniotis wrote:Levellass = Paramultart ?!
I am 12 and wat :confused
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It wouldn't be that hard, I make a sock puppet account, annoy everyone, disagree with my rational posts and make rational me look so much better in comparison. If my secret is in danger I post one last screeching thread about hating everyone and leave just my rational self here. When I need more attention, rinse and repeat. Who knows how many people I have been?

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon wrote:Well hey, my phone's been my source of being able to be on here. Yeah it's a royal pain in the ass (even now my on-screen keyboard keeps giving out, disappearing and taking a while to come back up as I type this, making this message take extremely long to ty-- OOOH IT JUST DID IT YET AGAIN, SON OF A BITCH!!!) but I've managed.
Hopefully things get a whole lot better and you're back among us soon.
Let me just write a nice long response addressing each of the issues you mention. Now I swipe- NO! DON'T REFRESH THE PAGE!

To hell with typing that again.I agree.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Is it a hardware or a software problem? If it's software, maybe you could look into a Linux distribution (probably trying out a Live USB at first to see how well it works). If it's hardware, of course, that wouldn't help.

It might be worth a look anyway, just because you can get a lightweight Desktop Environment that runs well on inexpensive hardware.

I was a bit worried about your straits (including the possibility that you were in mourning and were, in fact, Levellord). It's good to have you back, however momentarily.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It's the hardware most certainly. The cooling fan went first, then the touchpad. (I hate touchpads anyway.) Keyboard has been a mess and only the PC speaker works sound-wise. The software is brilliant. My windows Vista runs like a dream.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Plasma Captain wrote:I come from a forum wherein people can be gone for a year, sometimes more, and then come back like nothing's changed.
That's what I tend to do. I'm assuming you're talking about a forum that isn't very active? Because it's mostly there that it's an acceptable thing to do.
Levellass wrote:It's the hardware most certainly. The cooling fan went first, then the touchpad. (I hate touchpads anyway.) Keyboard has been a mess and only the PC speaker works sound-wise. The software is brilliant. My windows Vista runs like a dream.
You may not need to repair it. There are external cases in which you clip your laptop, and which ventilate it from the outside. And you can just connect an external keyboard and mouse.
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Your assumption that my USB ports still work is cute. For some reason any mouse plugged in has the tendency to think it clicks twice instead of once. This annoys.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Well, that makes your situation a lot more understandable.

If you want, I could help you out with one of the old spare computers I have laying around. Are you interested?
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].