Absence

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Wait, where do you live?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Fribbulus Xax, clearly.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I don't think that's right.

Also don't call me Clearly.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Levellass wrote:I don't think that's right.

Also don't call me Clearly.
https://youtu.be/WnkhDjH3bU8?t=1m8s
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Is that the Back of the Y guy?
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

I have been on a absence too, To let the fall out from Facebook blow over before posting, I am now Back even though I do not post that often as much I used to
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Wait, what happened to you? Facebook?
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Levellass wrote:Wait, what happened to you? Facebook?
Got into a fight which Paramultart started, thought he was my friend, I had forgiven him and he violated my trust, you don't forgive friends twice when they say they're your friend and bully you, I permanently unfriended him and decided to shut down my social media page entirely, I don't know why I was on it for as long as I was, It was a waste of time, all people do is bully each other on the platform!
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Aaah. This is (part of) why I never use Facebook or Twitter. (Or Tumblr, they're insane!)
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I can certainly understand that, part of the reason I left Facebook was essentially that I found Facebook as a bit of a shell; when I left it was site that tended to heavy polarize posts - it either led to banality, generally from short but positive replies, or it inflamed text wars not very dissimilar to what happened to you. It was all very fake for me so I just up and went.

What is it about the internet that makes people act like trolls? What's the appeal?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Anonymity and the ability to avoid consequences.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Right wing conservatives and their supporters including those who vote for the right wing are traitors, Period!, This includes Liberals and Republicans, all the right wing ever do is attack the unemployed, attack pensioners and worst of all punish the sick who can hardly afford healthcare, In Australia Health Care is a right not a privilege as it is the opposite in the US
Up yours Fleexy!
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Levellass wrote:Anonymity and the ability to avoid consequences.
Oh I know those are the reasons why people troll like that, my question is more along the lines of why people choose to do it, is humanity so vile internally that it actively seeks out opportunities to fuel hatred and violence? If this really is the case then we as a people have a very serious problem with our ego, quite simply this mentality is regressive and destructive.

Anonymity is a powerful tool; it allows you to build a character from scratch into anything you want, without restriction. I use my name as my username to remind myself that I own what I say at all times, because if I allow myself to adopt a persona based on anonymity on the internet I run the risk of letting that persona consume me and alter who I am in the real world.

I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling. :dead
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Humanity, like most things, seeks power. To influence and spread. Te internet offers surprisingly few options for real power, the viral hits and suchlike. But it allows small powers to be accumulated. Trolling is once such thing, to dominate others by manipulating their thoughts and actions, sitting by and watching your spark turn into a flame.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

chrissifniotis wrote:
Levellass wrote:Anonymity and the ability to avoid consequences.
Oh I know those are the reasons why people troll like that, my question is more along the lines of why people choose to do it, is humanity so vile internally that it actively seeks out opportunities to fuel hatred and violence?
For teh lullz.
Levellass wrote:Humanity, like most things, seeks power. To influence and spread. Te internet offers surprisingly few options for real power, the viral hits and suchlike. But it allows small powers to be accumulated. Trolling is once such thing, to dominate others by manipulating their thoughts and actions, sitting by and watching your spark turn into a flame.
From my experience, humanity seeks comfort and convenience, whether it be through power and control (for the ambitious), or complacency and whining (for the lazy). Notice that comfort and convenience are not synonymous with simplicity and happiness. There's people who allow their lives to become a tangled mess of hopeless destitution and refuse to do what's necessary to change that because they dislike being inconvenienced, and they'll ironically exert unreasonable amounts of effort to prevent change in their lives. They're more than willing to lecture others, but will not allow their beliefs to be challenged out of the fear of infiltrating their comfort zone.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass