Shameless promotion of my stream

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Shameless promotion of my stream

Post by Nospike »

Hey guys, I've finally decided to join the streaming game after upgrading my internet to a level where I can do it with bearable results.
This is my twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/torchie8
I've just finished streaming a run of CK4 for my close friends and everything appears solid, so I suppose I shan't embarrass myself anymore by showing it to you guys too! I will mostly be streaming in evening hours at approximately 18-24 CET but I have no real schedule. If you'd like, you can follow me on twitch to receive notifications of when I'm going live.

If you do decide to drop by and watch me suck at gaming, please have fun and feel free to comment and dispense criticism :p
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I'd suggest u stream via youtube. Twich kinda sucks if you ask me.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

What's wrong with twitch? I'm much more familiar with it than youtube so it was the first site that came to mind when I made the decision.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Twitch isn't perfect, but in terms of audience size, ease of site navigation, and broadcaster-friendliness, Twitch wins hands down.

For me, the two major problems with YouTube Gaming are that it's completely unavailable to people in Germany (which make up a huge portion of the English-speaking livestreaming audience) and (biggest of all) that your stream will get shut down for getting a Content ID flag. Anyone who makes videos for YouTube knows how broken Content ID flagging is. Having these kinds of issues happening live are a deal-breaker for me.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Wait.. WHY is it unavailable in Germeny?

Me, I stick with youtube, at least as a backup for whatever else you're doing.(Look at the poor Nostolgia Critic, at least Youtube isn't going anywhere.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.