Leap's Year

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I find it interesting that a 10 hour day of 100 minutes of 100 seconds wouldn't be too different, per second, from our usual second.

We could do a Dec 31 'Catch up quarter' where the day was extra long. The big issue is keeping the clocks in sync with the night-day cycle. This is something humans are Keen on, that's why we have time zones even. (It'd be easier just to have the same time everywhere and in Australia have 12pm be midnight.)

And oh lordy, who came up with Daylight Savings Time?

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Well, the solution would have to create a revolutionary new unit of time measurements that each day's artificial length can easily divide into (srsly... it doesn't work the way you say it does. The revolutionary cycle around the sun happens to be at a rate of 365.25 days. You're suggesting we have 365 artificial days every year instead of just one every four years?)
Yes, because all divisions of time are artificial and arbitrary. It's like saying furlongs per fortnight is the superior measure of speed because it divides things into less units then meters a second.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Levellass wrote:And oh lordy, who came up with Daylight Savings Time?
I have no idea why it is still used either...
it makes one Day is 23 Hours, while making another is 25 hour - each year.
and it also fucl up your inner clock , for days
(I'm pretty sure it was a Suit, the kind that wants to maximize their profits)

and when your not looking and are semi tired being up late.
looking at the clock and it's 3AM, and around an hour later the clock is still 3AM, but somehow less, then last time you looked.
or 2 hours have passed instead.
and your first instant though is Time Travel!, unless you realize a ½ sec later, and becomes grumpy over that we still use this out-dated system.
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.