Commander Keen helmet in Doom 2016

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
cyber zero
Vortininja

Commander Keen helmet in Doom 2016

Post by cyber zero »

I don't know if this is old news for you guys, but I was playing Doom 2016 and suddenly I found this. I think it's really cool seeing a keen easter egg in a 2016 game.

Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I saw a screenshot a few days ago, a nice little Easter Egg. I've also seen a Doomguy doll with dressed in Commander Keen colors.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Nice find! I was aware of this, though I haven't played the game. How are you liking (or disliking) it, CyberZero?
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

I was expecting it to be complete garbage. The fact that none of the original doom devs were working on it, knowing that Bethesda was involved, and the awful beta gave me the impression that it was going to suck.

I'm angry that I can think of anything bad about this game. It feels like a proper DOOM game.

(Multiplayer still sucks though)
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
cyber zero
Vortininja

Post by cyber zero »

troublesomekeen wrote:Nice find! I was aware of this, though I haven't played the game. How are you liking (or disliking) it, CyberZero?
I'm actually loving it.
The single player of course, because I never play it online.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

There are some flaws. Like the places where monsters are spawning. It's cool at the beginning, but later gets repetitive and too predictive. That sucks. Also, the gun could have been something better. Right now it looks like a piss gun.

As for the Keen's helmet. We've seen this before in other games. It's nothing new, it's boring, it's stupid and it's insulting to the Keen fans :x .
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

wiivn wrote:As for the Keen's helmet. We've seen this before in other games. It's nothing new, it's boring, it's stupid and it's insulting to the Keen fans :x .
I tend to agree, especially since he's looking pretty dead there... It's kind of like in DOOM 2 or wherever that was where you find dead hanging Keens: Not. Cool. :bloody
Keen Easter eggs ought to be respectful to the games, like the "Dopefish lives" thingy, and not have Keen as an enemy or dead.
Of course, that is just my opinion. :p
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Is that his pogo stick next ti him?

Also, no Dopefish?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
cyber zero
Vortininja

Post by cyber zero »

keenmaster486 wrote:
wiivn wrote:As for the Keen's helmet. We've seen this before in other games. It's nothing new, it's boring, it's stupid and it's insulting to the Keen fans :x .
I tend to agree, especially since he's looking pretty dead there... It's kind of like in DOOM 2 or wherever that was where you find dead hanging Keens: Not. Cool. :bloody
Keen Easter eggs ought to be respectful to the games, like the "Dopefish lives" thingy, and not have Keen as an enemy or dead.
Of course, that is just my opinion. :p

Sorry about the big errors on this post, but im portuguese and at work right now and dont have time to use an english corrector.
I dont think it was their intention to be disrespectfull. They also have the dragonborn dead somewere in the game and its their big franchise right now. Its just Doom being doom making things disturbing and dark on porpose.
No levellass, its not a pogo. Just a machine gun.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Levellass wrote:Is that his pogo stick next ti him?

Also, no Dopefish?
I believe the Dopefish is placed in a different part of the game.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Yeah, I guess they didn't mean any disrespect; after all, it's DOOM, everything is dead or dying there 8)
*sigh* I guess the image of dead Keen just accomplished its purpose of disturbing me.

Btw your English grammar is very good, just the spelling & punctuation that has errors, and not "big" ones at that :p Keep up the good work!
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

keenmaster486 wrote:Yeah, I guess they didn't mean any disrespect; after all, it's DOOM, everything is dead or dying there 8)
*sigh* I guess the image of dead Keen just accomplished its purpose of disturbing me.
Quick reminder that this isn't the first time Keen was dead in a doom game.
At least this easter egg was put in just for fun, and not as an edgy grudge against him.
thanks adrian
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE