"Who is this Bitemaster guy anyway?"

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Bitemaster
Grunt

"Who is this Bitemaster guy anyway?"

Post by Bitemaster »

Hello there,

The subject line is a question you may have been asking yourself. Who is he, you ask, and why does he come onto the forum and start making a bunch of polls and such?

Well, Bitemaster is your typical retro gamer who likes Keen and also happens to be a little crazy and may leap before he looks a bit. Still working on that. So how did I come into contact with Keen?

Well, a friend of the family showed it to me when I was a young kid, about Keen's age, and I liked it. I guess I must have told someone, because somehow a 3.5" floppy disk with Keen 1 on it ended up in a birthday card from my grandma. This was 1995. BBSes were dying, yet the Web wasn't used by too many people yet. Sneakernet was still alive and well.

I gave a copy to my cousin through said Sneakernet at a family function. I don't remember the function too well but I do remember going to his house near the event center and playing Apogee games. I also remember the stoplight on the way there that was stupid and wouldn't turn, and the song my dad, sister, and I sang to it, "BAD STOPLIGHT! BAD, BAD, STOPLIGHT!" Yes, my family will sing at stoplights.

Anyway, I've played id and Apogee/3D Realms games pretty much my whole life. These games still hold up even with all the modern games out now, because they were so well designed fundamentally.

So why is my name Bitemaster? Seems a bit weird, eh? Well, it seemed like a good name at the time when my avatar was a Tomatooth from Keen Dreams over on Keen Modding. I also like to eat a lot.

I changed my avatar over there, and I'm using the new one here, and now it just seems like a weird name. Oh well. I guess I can still say it's because I like to eat. It's still food-themed, though, it's KidVid from the old Burger King Kid's Club commercials.

So hopefully you understand a little more about how the individual with this moniker operates :D
Keening since 1995.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

okay
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

I am enlightened.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Hello bitemaster!

I'm new myself to these forums, having only joined a few months ago. I'm also on VOGONS, which is the place to go for all things retro gaming :)

And I didn't think your name was weird, given your avatar.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Bitemaster
Grunt

Post by Bitemaster »

Hi keenmaster486, thank you for the welcome! Glad I was able to enlighten you, lemm and BlueGasMask :)

I've heard of VOGONS before. It can be pretty good for helping people with some quirky old game issues.

Your name seems to be a reference to computers with 486 processors. Good name. I also had one of those computers. Ah, those were the days...
Keening since 1995.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Indeed. I built myself a Socket 5 machine the other day. Maybe I'll start a thread on it :P
Bitemaster
Grunt

Post by Bitemaster »

That would be cool! :)
Keening since 1995.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I am an old and frail keener, in the twilight years of her life and I welcome the new blood keeping things going.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Lass, you never cease to amaze me.

Many things you are, young one, old and frail you are not. When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well yes, that's called 'aging'. It doesn't mean I'm a spring chicken now.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.