Ask an American!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

Is this stupid?

Yes
2
14%
No
3
21%
BANANA
9
64%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Post by Rorie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 23:26

keenmaster486 wrote:Rorie, get off my thread. You're not adding anything constructive to the conversation.

MoffD is not "undermining your right to free speech". He just pointed out that your post was off-topic.
Yeah, what ya gonna do about it big boy, Report me to the mods for undermining my free speech?

If i were a US citizen I may as well fucl off to Canada or Russia

Also I guess I'm not welcome in what you claim to the best country in the world because I'm anti-trump? you're all gonna pay the price for voting the bigot in time will soon tell
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter
Posts: 1308
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 13:56
Location: Carlsbad, Czech Republic

Post by Nospike » Wed Nov 16, 2016 23:33

You're not even criticizing America. You're outright lashing out at him with personal insults simply because he hasn't been to Australia or something...? :confused
It's fine if you believe that Australia is better off as a country, stick to your opinion by all means, but please keep it to yourself. Your rants won't help anybody or change anything, not on this forum. It should be obvious that the right to free speech protects you against oppressive censorship, not ridicule.
It just might be done someday. The chance is always there.

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Post by Rorie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 23:37

Nospike wrote:You're not even criticizing America. You're outright lashing out at him with personal insults simply because he hasn't been to Australia or something...? :confused
It's fine if you believe that Australia is better off as a country, stick to your opinion by all means, but please keep it to yourself. Your rants won't help anybody or change anything, not on this forum. It should be obvious that the right to free speech protects you against oppressive censorship, not ridicule.
If an American can afford to visit Canada, they can afford to visit Australia full stop!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
MoffD
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 17:30
Location: /dev/null
Contact:

Post by MoffD » Wed Nov 16, 2016 23:42

Let's calm down people, majorly off topic. Let's keep in mind the forum rules here please:
viewtopic.php?t=1484

Edit: Specifically 5 and 6

If you still want to "discuss" this Rorie, why don't you make a separate forum about it and keep it out of the ask an American thread
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Image

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Post by Rorie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 23:46

MoffD wrote:Let's calm down people, majorly off topic. Let's keep in mind the forum rules here please:
viewtopic.php?t=1484

Edit: Specifically 5 and 6

If you still want to "discuss" this Rorie, why don't you make a separate forum about it and keep it out of the ask an American thread
Thank You but No Thank You, I'd rather risk a ban than give in to traitors
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
ScarletFlame
Vortininja
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:48
Location: Miragia

Post by ScarletFlame » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:33

I don't understand why you're being so bitter. Why do you always talk about politics?
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE

User avatar
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 19:11
Location: FARM COUNTRY!
Contact:

Post by nanomekia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30

MoffD wrote:@nanomekia Where'd you find marmite? I'd like to try it too.
Whole Foods, believe it or not. Got a small jar; it'll last me years. :D (It's delicious over butter.)

That over with...

Rorie. Mate. C'mon. Take a deep breath and have some tea. No one's trying to undermine anything. You're upset as hell, I get that, I'm quite cross myself, but being cross doesn't make ya anything but tired. We're trying to understand your point of view a little better and when you're lashing out and attacking us for it, it's a little hard to do. Little breather, alright? We'll still be here once you've calmed down.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites on alternate Tuesdays.

"I believe this is some fine languaging with the words."

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Post by Rorie » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:13

ScarletFlame wrote:I don't understand why you're being so bitter. Why do you always talk about politics?
That's for me to know and you not to find out, I'll take my chances and you can take yours but I will not back down and if it's takes banishment to silence me, there's no chance in hell that's I'll will ever give up in the defense of my country that's I'm proud to call home, You can't be Aussie unless you're born Australian, and being born American and criticizing Australia just goes to prove that Americans know nothing about Australia at all thanks to their republican buddies who believe what's comes out of the horses mouth!

If you vote Republican, You're a traitor, PERIOD!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Post by Levellass » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:20

*Looks at thread*

Hey PCKF, can I borrow a cup of this? I'm all out of vinegar.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 19:11
Location: FARM COUNTRY!
Contact:

Post by nanomekia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 15:50

I don't see why not, there's plenty to go round.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites on alternate Tuesdays.

"I believe this is some fine languaging with the words."

User avatar
MoffD
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 17:30
Location: /dev/null
Contact:

Post by MoffD » Thu Nov 17, 2016 17:33

It's ok, I like pickled cucumbers
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Image

User avatar
Roobar
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 2929
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 16:12

Post by Roobar » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11

Image

User avatar
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 23:14
Location: A Midwest cornfield

Post by _mr_m_ » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:03

Do I dare ask for opinions on Tony Abbott?

(In b4 this thread gets locked)

But I'm all seriousness, keeping on-topic: ask this U.S. citizen anything
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall

chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by chrissifniotis » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56

Just a couple of random questions but these have slightly bothered me for years; firstly why is it that a number of words are spelt differently in America and American held territories? Was there some sort of evolution in the language at the time or was there something else like anti-English sentiment? Secondly, how about the counting system?
I couldn't care less about it but I do want to know and I'm too lazy to check the net. :p

[offtopic]I find Abbot to be a mild mannered Trump but he can't orate well at all. To this day I'm convinced that he played a critical role in the death of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, simply by antagonizing Indonesia.[/offtopic]

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Post by Rorie » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:17

chrissifniotis wrote:Just a couple of random questions but these have slightly bothered me for years; firstly why is it that a number of words are spelt differently in America and American held territories? Was there some sort of evolution in the language at the time or was there something else like anti-English sentiment? Secondly, how about the counting system?
I couldn't care less about it but I do want to know and I'm too lazy to check the net. :p

[offtopic]I find Abbot to be a mild mannered Trump but he can't orate well at all. To this day I'm convinced that he played a critical role in the death of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, simply by antagonizing Indonesia.[/offtopic]
Chan & Sukumaran knew what they were doing, they knew that their crimes would lead to the death penalty and even though they were reformed crims, they deserved what they had coming and I commend the Indonesia Government for sticking it up to Australia and not let the Australian Government interfere with the foreign affairs or legal system of another country outside of their jurisdiction, I'm against Capital Punishment but these 2 men knew exactly what they were doing and I am pleased that the President of Indonesia showed no mercy!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

Post Reply