Dropbox Public Folder Change

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Re: Dropbox Public Folder Change

Post by Fleexy »

No, the ban wouldn't go away even after I removed the offending executable. I waited at least a week after removing it, but I could only get the ban lifted by talking to support.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Fleexy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 15:43 [...] If you're hosting images, I highly recommend Imgur. For files in need of reliable hosting, e-mail them to me (my name at KM) and I'll throw them up on files.keenmodding.org.
@Fleex, do you think you can provide for community members something like this?!
https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?t=84
out now (link) : Image
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Oh whoops, I completely forgot to answer that question, sorry! Unfortunately it's not as simple as giving people FTP accounts, since they could do sneaky things like upload .htaccess files that enable PHP execution, and then they could upload and run arbitrary PHP code, which would be Very Bad. If there is sufficient demand, I could spend some time throwing together some custom file manager thingy. However, I think OneDrive, Amazon S3, or still Dropbox should be sufficient for most use cases.

Anyway, the reason I came back to this thread was that there are almost certainly some classic public Dropbox links still around that are now broken. Here is a table of all PCKF users with such links in at least one post. If you would like a list of your affected posts, please PM me and I'll do some further database stuff to get you that info.