Welcome to the migrated PCKF!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Re: Welcome to the migrated PCKF!

Post by Fleexy »

Hmm, I suspect it's because that search turns up this post, which got completely mangled in the encoding mishap during migration. Unfortunately the double-misencoding makes the transformation not quite reversible, so if nanomekia has the original version of that saved somewhere, editing the post would be the best way to fix it.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

IIRC those were Japanese characters... at least that's what the discussion was all about.
out now (link) : Image
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

oh uh

Unfortunately I don't have the original...BUT I think I can easily recreate it. I suspect I remember what all I'd come up with, in any case.

(Edit: And fixed.)
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Fleexy possible to have an image upload facility on this board? images that can only be used here and to have hot linking barred? I refuse to use image sharing services that you have to pay for, OK I pay GoDaddy for the use of my email account but there's something about file storage being provided i don't know if that can be used for image sharing, I haven't looked into that, but anyways I want to share images of my cats with nanomekia on the off topic thread as the both of us are cat crazy, I'm sure that nanomekia wants to share nanomekia's princess to me as well, but atm I do not believe we can share images through the PCKF
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

if you don't pay for the bandwidth service of the provider, someone else has to do that for you instead. (sure, most of the time, you pay with your private data, but:) in this case the host is paying a monthly fee... all so called "free" services come with a price. no offence, but for you to consider...
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Nisaba wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 if you don't pay for the bandwidth service of the provider, someone else has to do that for you instead. (sure, most of the time, you pay with your private data, but:) in this case the host is paying a monthly fee... all so called "free" services come with a price. no offence, but for you to consider...
That is why I don't go free, somebody still pays and these services are infested with ads and all other kind of garg!
Up yours Fleexy!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Fleexy=Host
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Hey mate, just dug deeper into Godaddy and activated some freebie called photo album, I am gonna do a test post in the off topic thread and keeners can tell me if the image shows or not

EDIT: ok test post made with image, tell me if you can see it mate?
Up yours Fleexy!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

I can see your image. You might also want to look into Imgur: they store images indefinitely for free. I've used them for a while and am very happy with the service.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Ye, imgur is great, I use em. Free accounts only let you have so many images though.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Imgur doesn't tell me what you receive for free/paid accounts, besides with GoDaddy I receive 1GB of space and 25GB of bandwidth that is for included in my plan at no extra cost
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Just had a sql error, that is gone now but if it happens again, ill make sure to take a screenshot of it
Up yours Fleexy!
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Somewhat off topic but who looks after Keen:Modding now? Is it still Andy or Fleexy did you inherit that too? My old password doesn't work and I don't receive any of the password reset e-mails (checked the mail server logs before they reach the spam filter and still nothing.) I tried using the 'contact an admin' form but that hasn't done anything either. Not sure who I should contact to confirm that the system is sending out e-mails properly!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Malvineous wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 Somewhat off topic but who looks after Keen:Modding now? Is it still Andy or Fleexy did you inherit that too? My old password doesn't work and I don't receive any of the password reset e-mails (checked the mail server logs before they reach the spam filter and still nothing.) I tried using the 'contact an admin' form but that hasn't done anything either. Not sure who I should contact to confirm that the system is sending out e-mails properly!
@Fleexy is the new host! just send him a pm and he will take care of it!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Okey, I have a screenshot of the Firefox issue now:

Tested in the latest Developer Edition version as well as the latest version of the stable branch on Windows 10; both browser versions are affected. Firefox Nightly on my mobile (Android) doesn't show the message, but I probably added a permanent exemption on that device ages ago.

Here's the Mozilla info page linked to from the error in that screenshot: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wh ... ecure-mean

I'll test later on other devices, including my mum's laptop which has never gone to the PCKF. (Unless she has an account here I don't know about. Hi mum!)

The first time I tried accessing the site from Firefox today I got a message saying something about a redirect failing. I didn't grab a screenshot before manually adding "https://" to the URL, after which FF found the right place and presented the warning seen above. I couldn't repeat the error because the browser learned to add https://, even in In Private.

I'll try clearing the cache and so on to make sure the browser isn't getting confused by old info, but I don't think that's the issue as I have only used FF developer edition for the past couple of months, which is about as long as this site has had SSL. Either way, as you know, a cache clear shouldn't be required to make SSL sites work properly.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this Fleexy. Let me know if you need any additional testing done.

In good news, Edge on both Windows and Android (pre-release version now available through the Play Store) didn't give a garg about SSL.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass