An original member returns Cho'gall

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
eK
Grunt

Post by eK »

Yorpy sent me the link, and yes, my name is Ben Cruz.

I'm not really returning, I'm just stopping by. There's a reason I left, and I feel no void in my life because of it.
Multimania
Vortininja
Location: Hiding in a small, cramped corner of the BwB megarocket.

Post by Multimania »

*Multimania quietly wipes tears of nostalgia from his eyes*

It's nice to see everyone return, even for just a couple of posts. It brings back the memories from when I first joined.
Nickssoft
Vortininja

Post by Nickssoft »

Removed
Last edited by Nickssoft on Sat Sep 19, 2020 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Forge, eK, and Nickssoft. This is neat! :)

Joe, we got Keen:Galaxy modding working about a year after you left, and it's really really hard and time consuming. I gave up.

Good to see you all again, briefly, though!
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

lol this is getting better and better
(i used to be ME!)
adurdin
Grunt

Post by adurdin »

KeenRush wrote:Adurdin is around, he's actually hosting the forum nowadays. But doesn't post much.
If by "not much" you mean "not at all" you'd be right. But I thought I'd drop in for this impromptu reunion and say hi.

I like the new site banner -- animating between Keen and Mort is cool :)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Can someone please add some punctuation to the title? Every time I read it I keep wondering from whence the original member in question returned Cho'gall.

Hmm, also this forum doesn't seem to have recognised daylight savings time. *prods Andy*
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Commander Spleen wrote:Hmm, also this forum doesn't seem to have recognised daylight savings time. *prods Andy*
You could just change your timezone under 'profile'. :p Also, I think automatic daylight savings time would be pretty tricky and unreliable. A couple of years ago, the US made it last another couple of weeks longer, which clearly does not affect other countries (much to our chagrin *tyrant emoticon*). I'm not even sure when it ends, probably sometime soon. And a couple of states (Alaska and Arizona?) don't use DST, IIRK. Plus there's the problem of the crazy southern hemisphere having summer in the winter time, so I'm guessing your DST starts about when ours ends.

Random thought: What are the southern hemisphere's views on Santa Claus? How does he manage in the summer climate with the sleigh, reindeer, etc? Also: Christmas in general. Do people have Christmas trees? Do any conifers even grow in Australia?!?

Anyway, to sum up the last paragraph: The northern hemisphere lives in a ridiculously norther-hemisphere-centric world, and I am a victim.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Heh. It wouldn't be much of a problem, as don't those Santa's reindeer fly? So the sleigh seldom if ever touches the ground. Probably he has a wagon (with wheels) for snowless places. :dopekeen
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush wrote:Heh. It wouldn't be much of a problem, as don't those Santa's reindeer fly? So the sleigh seldom if ever touches the ground. Probably he has a wagon (with wheels) for snowless places. :dopekeen
Yeah! Like Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang, the sled runner things or whatever they're called retract, and wagon wheels pop up.

Sick.

(Least productive post ever?)
Shockshund
Meep

Post by Shockshund »

[link removed... but does anything really shock anyone in 2008?]
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Hey that was my joke!
Aaaah, not the bees!