Paying Penance

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Re: Paying Penance

Post by keenmaster486 »

Rorie is our resident firebrand.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

keenmaster486 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 16:16 Rorie is our resident firebrand.
And fairdinkum proud of it, as they say in Australia!
And btw: you can also call heir trump a firebrand as he continues to bring us into WWIII
And today our PM said that he would bring us into a war that we have no place in that heir trump wants so badly, that trump continues to open his mouth with a force that should not be underestimated!
Last edited by Rorie on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:01, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

ScarletFlame wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 13:04 This forum was created to discuss about a video game from the 90's.
If you're only here to discuss politics, then why are you here?
I have been here longer than you and I have no intention of leaving, if you have an issue with me bring it up with the board, as Donald Trump would say in business or even better You're Fired! as he would say on The Apprentice

and until notified otherwise I will continue this tit for tat to score cheap points against heir trump, any pollie does it if they can, so can I!
Up yours Fleexy!
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Rorie, your message showed up as deleted by sender in my inbox, so I never knew the content or what it was about.

I'm sorry you feel slighted by me. I can honestly say you haven't done anything to offend me or that requires apology.

Edit: Haha, I meant can, CAN honestly say you haven't, not can't :lol
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Ceilick wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:36 Rorie, your message showed up as deleted by sender in my inbox, so I never knew the content or what it was about.

I'm sorry you feel slighted by me. I can't honestly say you haven't done anything to offend me or that requires apology.
Mate, I had no idea that the message that was deleted by me I sent was not accessible on your end
In future when I send PM's I will not delete them until they have been read
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

The flame has been lit, The World is sleepwalking closer and closer to WWIII!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-11/d ... ed/8799818
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

First trump provokes North Korea and now he is meddling with Venezuela, A nation he has no authority over, this proves that the U.S President is not a good global citizen. he should be fixing problems at home rather than behaving like the chief of world police expecting to fix all the world's problems, because it is NOT gonna happen!, Australia tried to fix the Solomon's and we failed, America did the same with Vietnam and also failed, what has Trump gotta prove with by meddling with Venezuelan Politics?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-12/t ... la/8800386
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

I have to agree with you on this one Rorie. Venezuela may be rotting to hell, but the American military should have one purpose: to defend and protect America. Not to storm over and "fix" Venezuela. We tried that in Iraq and what happened? It would have required a continual American presence to maintain stability in that region with the type of government we had set up.

Venezuela will work itself out. In the meantime, what we really should be doing is attempting to provide humanitarian help for all the people who are starving.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

I'm no Trump fan, but I think it's about time someone stood up to countries like Syria or North Korea in particular, an illegitimate puppet state controlled by the PRC, and pretty much the asian equivalent of nazi germany, considering they operate auschwitz-style concentration camps, regularly massacre entire families, subjects its population to one famine and drought after the next, all to please their overlords at Beijing, with both countries being on top of it all the largest environmental threat to the world, especially the PRC. Having poisoned much of their land with toxic sludge, the Chinese are proceeding to buy up land in the west, especially in places like Canada (unsurprisingly the chinese government gives a lot of money to Canadian political parties). I could go on for longer but I think in a world where countries like Russia, China, Turkey and so on continually violate basic international agreements and the most subtle of social and human rights, anybody who stands up to them can only be praised for it. That, of course, doesn't otherwise justify the utterly abysmal domestic policy he's perpetuating...
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The problem is people ARE, specifically Russia is very Keen to Keep Syria in place and China very Keen to keep North Korea in place. If it weren't for them both countries would be rubble piles by now. And that leads to the bigger problem; standing against those countries, in a military sense will draw in their allies, either directly (Bombing Syria like Libya was would quickly bring out the Russians.) or indirectly (Occupying North Korea would put an American-allied territory right next to China.)

That's politics, if there's a butthead in charge of a country you can be pretty sure they're only there because they have powerful friends or it's not worth killing them. (You can also bet that whenever the opposition in your country comes into power the same deals will be struck, only the opposition's supporters will suddenly be ready to accept them.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

What you say is very true. Nonetheless, the bombings in Syria have actually happened without triggering Russian aggression - during the Obama administration a convoy of syrian soldiers was destroyed by American bombs in an "accidental" strike, and Trump ordered the attack of the air base from which the chemical attack some months ago originated from. In both cases no russian personnel was actually hurt, just their syrian cannon fodder, but it does show that it takes a little more than bombing syria to provoke Russia in this scenario.

As for North Korea, well, the problem is the repeated missile tests, which not only violate international law but also legitimately pose a thread to the peaceful existence of nearby countries such as South Korea and Japan. If such aggression is taken a step further, then the US or any of its allies would have a casus belli to attack North Korea, and in this case China could do very little because the PRC themselves have criticized the repeated missile strikes. Obviously though, attacking and invading a country without any real casus belli is just asking for trouble, but that's not what will happen. America isn't Russia which can attack Georgia and Ukraine with no provocation whatsoever just because they felt like it.

EDIT: https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/08 ... china.html I wonder how this will go given NK is the only one officially complaining over the sanctions, now.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Bombing... well it's generally understood a little destruction and death is fine, so long as it doesn't CHANGE anything. Syria is a quagmire but no American action has actually threatened to greatly alter the situation. When it HAS bombed Syria Russia has complained, and likewise when Russia was bombing 'moderate' and kurdish forces. But no attack so far has threatened to topple Assad. If America were to attack hm directly Russia would definitely frame it as aggression against an ally. How far they'd go militarily I can't say, all out war is unthinkable, but certainly they'd seek to strengthen their hand. And in this political climate...

China is a similar situation; they've been criticizing NK for years, they've done little to prevent sanctions but also little to promote peace. But they've also undercut the international community at every turn, especially in supporting NK's economy with illicit trade. Just look at Trump's initial hopes that China could rein in NK... and how quickly they fell flat. I believe he honestly thought China had any interests in improving NK, hopefully now he realizes how false that is.

Now if NK actually acts on its threats they'll have no choice; war is war and you can't really do much more than 'Maybe don't hit back, let's go to the negotiating table' The result there would likely be massive retaliation against NK to (try and) prevent their attacks on the south (Which is about the only country they CAN reliably damage.) Then you've got another Iraq; the government will have to go, leaving behind an indoctrinated people and little interest in rebuilding. Best case would be China taking over, but that still puts them at the US' door, especially in regards to nervous SK citizens. It certainly wouldn't be a neat, clean war.

Still, at least Venezuela is being eyeballed... I guess?
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

As a Born and Bred Aussie, I am actually embarrassed to post this but everybody regardless of citizenship. Australian or not Australia has a right to know
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-16/a ... ds/8811736
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You've got a touch of the American ills it seems.

I just don't know how a country with so much everything can have such dissatisfied people. So much is better over there yet we're the ones with stable government. Madness!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I apologize on behalf of my country. Not ALL of us are insane nutballs.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."