Political Thread Discussion

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: Political Thread Discussion

Post by Rorie »

Interesting Times ahead for the Australian Government!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/l ... en/9085032
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Catalonia unilaterally declares independence as Spain Imposes direct rule
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-28/s ... te/9095104
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This is what happens when you try to crack down on protest. You only make yourself into the villain.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Is this what heir trump always does when there's a national tragedy?, use it to score cheap political points!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-02/t ... ck/9109960

Is he really that stupid to be playing with fire, wouldn't he be better off doing what he said he would do as President and stop using every tragedy as a means of justifying his controversial policies or is this what we already knew, that he has no plans to Make America Great Again and that it was solely used against Hilary Clinton is his election win that was rigged by Russia?, I really do not see him being re-elected in 2022, heaven forbid if's he replaced by then
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Rorie wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:11 Is this what heir trump always does when there's a national tragedy?, use it to score cheap political points!
Yes.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It's what everyone does. They're just not usually so obvious about it. There's been a mass shooting? Was it a darkie? If so, talk about terrorism. If not gun control\'thoughts and prayers' Fire or flood? Global warming and whether or not it's a thing. Some sort of business fraud thing? Regulations and how more or less of them are needed.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-22/r ... we/9178194\
May Zimbabweans have a better future now that it is no longer being held back from the man who ruled with his iron fist for 37 years!
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Ah yes, and of course the military will reestablish the democracy just like they promised. No chance of another dictator rising here, no sir!
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

http://www.news.com.au/national/politic ... 66d919bc48

Former PM Tony Abbott just jealous because he achieved nothing for Victoria, in fact the whole Liberal Party's the same, Labor and Premier Daniel Andrews has done more for Victoria than his Liberal Predecessors, Ted Baillieu and Denis Napthine ever did, the one issue the last Liberal Government was not interested in fixing was the Paramedic Dispute, All the workers wanted was a fair pay rise, Liberal wanted to sell them short, Dan promised that if he got elected then he would resolve the issue, when he was elected in 2014. Labor was true to it's word, and mind you when the despite was over, The Liberals still act like nothing happened, exhibiting the same behaviors that cost many MP's their jobs in the first place, and accuse the government of giving the unions a blank cheque when in fact a MP makes way more money from a paramedic even though in Victoria which is now the only state in Australia where Ambulance Workers are the highest paid, there's an election in Victoria next year and there's a real threat too that the Andrews Government could be another one term government, do us Victorians really want to hand power back to a Party who is still fractured and won't admit the failings of the last Liberal Government? They won't let the East West Link go despite the fact this was another policy blunder that cost the Liberal Government in the first place, Labor had to pay a lot of money to break the contracts whom in my view was the right thing to do, but if i am to be wrong. time will tell
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

https://www.perthnow.com.au/politics/st ... b88669161z
For a former premier to attack his former cabinet clearly shows signs that he must take responsibility for his failures as leader of an Australian State, if that person refuses to grow up then they must quit politics and allow new blood into that electorate!
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

keenmaster486 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 23:26 Ah yes, and of course the military will reestablish the democracy just like they promised. No chance of another dictator rising here, no sir!
There's always hope; what was the alternative? More dictatorship? A bloody revolution (to lead to more dictatorship) wasn't likely. This may be a chance to start over, especially if old ideology can be put aside to reestablish contact with the outside world and make things better for everyone.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Levellass wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 There's always hope; what was the alternative? More dictatorship? A bloody revolution (to lead to more dictatorship) wasn't likely. This may be a chance to start over, especially if old ideology can be put aside to reestablish contact with the outside world and make things better for everyone.
That's the ideal hope, of course. But life is not ideal.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

In a place such as that all it has to be is not the worst.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Pardon me if any Americans reading this rant take offense it is not my intention to insult you

Americans are like little children, they complain about guns, they complain about health care and most recently they complain about a President who they democratically elected, as much as I don't like or agree with President Trump, fact is unless he is removed earlier (As I'm Australian and not American I do not understand the process of Impeaching the U.S President).

All I know is that if Trump was removed or died in office, Then the VP being Mike Pence would automatically assume the office of President, Trump is the locked in President till at least 2022 whom from that point registered voters can decide in a democratic means to re-elect the President or to vote him out, America and Americans are responsible for it's problems which in fact others nations such as Australia should not be looking for inspiration for Government Policy/

The American Way of life and ways for doing everything has failed, and the US is a failed state, if the world wants to lead then why not follow the Scandinavian Nordic Welfare Model?, Norway is a lot more wealthier than the US and Australia combined, why? because of responsible government and the fact that Norway has taken the royalties from 40 plus years of oil exploration, invested it wisely and not give massive handouts and keep the billions of dollars for an financial emergency if there is to be one and not reach out for the government credit card. Which will accumulate interest if the loans not paid off in time avoiding the need for a credit downgrade which will mean higher interest repayments.

it is only a matter of time before the union is dissolved, what becomes of the soon to be former US as in states and territories I cannot predict, but I once had the belief that Canada would become even bigger by annexing the U.S into their country or by becoming independent republics just like what Hawai'i was before being annexed in 1898, whom I am sure there's many Americans who would not mind becoming Canadian, The Health Care in the US is garg whereas of in Canada it is ten times better, and there's many Americans who travel to Canada just for the cheaper health care, so if Americans go to Canada for Medical Care, Why Not let the U.S become part of Canada?
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Unfortunately Rorie, impeaching the peach is not as easy as everyone would have you believe it is (I don't fully understand the process myself, but I do know it is bloody complicated. To be honest, I doubt most of the people yelling for impeachment understand it either.) People can wail about it all they like but honestly, and quite irritatingly, I don't believe it's going to happen solely due to that complexity. Would be nice, but.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."