Political Thread Discussion

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: Political Thread Discussion

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 18:06 Unfortunately Rorie, impeaching the peach is not as easy as everyone would have you believe it is (I don't fully understand the process myself, but I do know it is bloody complicated. To be honest, I doubt most of the people yelling for impeachment understand it either.) People can wail about it all they like but honestly, and quite irritatingly, I don't believe it's going to happen solely due to that complexity. Would be nice, but.
As I said mate I expect Trump to serve out his first term, if he's re-elected that's a matter for the Americans who do vote, In Australia Voting is Compulsory for any citizen over 18, You either register or you are fined or even go to jail, I understand that in the States, you have the choice to register to vote, in fact if you choose not to register then you will not be prosecuted
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Are we free or are we not free?

People should be allowed to be stupid if it doesn't hurt anyone else.

And honestly, if you don't want to vote, does anyone else want you voting, either? Probably not.

Those who choose not to register are likely to be uninformed.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

keenmaster486 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:13 honestly, if you don't want to vote, does anyone else want you voting, either? Probably not.
You are lucky to have the choice in America not to vote, because Down Under you do not have that freedom at all when it comes to elections!
Up yours Fleexy!
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Yes you do, you just leave your ballot paper blank when you "vote" :P

There was also a recent local council election where only one person nominated for mayor, so nobody had to go and vote, they were just declared elected.

Also, as I found out once when I happened to have an overseas trip booked, if you tell the authorities you are likely to be out of the country on voting day then it's not mandatory for you. You can submit a postal vote if you wish but you won't be penalised if you don't vote at all.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I'd personally rather not have the "choice", as you put it. Voting is bloody important.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

It's important that intelligent people vote.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I'm not really entirely sure where to put this but it is getting political so here we have it...

An article's been done on the insurance situation here; my mum got interviewed today about it and about me. Have a look.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/ ... s-20171128

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-01/b ... n=politics

Oh Dear God, When is the leadership talk gonna stop?, Australia has not had stable leadership for a decade, the government needs to be loyal to it's leader not always bickering and whinging who should be Prime Minister, only one elected MP can be leader of the nation, it appears that every MP in the Liberal Party wants to be PM they all know that's not possible, show some respect to the voters I'd say allow the PM to serve out his term, and now there is talk about a snap election, we just had one of those, where's the democracy in Australia anymore? There is none if we keep having elections before the end of each parliamentary term that the nation cannot afford, Thanks to the government, our debt doubled in the first 12 months of when Liberal was elected in 2013, blame Labor for leaving a small manageable debt but don't take responsibility for increasing borrowings by an extra 900 million a day, it is going tp take Bill Shorten a lot of balls to repay back these loans plus interest when he's finally elected Prime Minister whenever that may be!
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Australia invented the bungee boss, they dive i, make a lot of noise then are yanked back out.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

They're like boomerangs. Someone tosses them in but they eventually fly right back out.

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Levellass wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 23:08 Australia invented the bungee boss, they dive i, make a lot of noise then are yanked back out.
Even NZ doing better economically than Australia, many kiwi's in Australia are returning home for the guaranteed unemployment benefit if they fall on hard times as they cannot receive the Australia Version of the dole no matter how much tax they pay in Australia even if they do 10 years is too long to wait for unemployment support, we can do better for our friends across the ditch, I embarrassed and ashamed to call myself an Aussie, You work and if you pay tax no matter where you live, the government should offer you support, such as Health Care, cheaper medicine and the dole etc, this is a fundamental right, and Australia has sold out NZ!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-08/s ... al/9239334
Finally Progress made in Australia, gay couples can now legally marry and they will be recognized under Australian Law, The Church can now fucl off when it comes to interference between politics and religion, the church can go on all they like about their independence and religious freedom, but what they cannot run away from the majority of Australian Voters voted to change the marriage act to allow marriage equality and now it is done, this is a great time to be an Australian, no longer will we discriminate over whoever we love, even if it is not between a man and woman!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

It is no surprise that Tony Abbott abstained from the vote that made gay marriage legal, even though it was a free vote and the majority of his electorate voted in favor, this man is still a homophobe and he lets his church control his life, this is why he must NOT be given another shot of being Prime Minister again, as it has been since 2010 there's always been leadership speculation both from the ALP & Liberal, the government of the day needs to be loyal to it's leader and not back stab or keep saying that every member of the government wants to be PM, there's only one member of the government of who can be leader, and there's only one spot for the deputy leader, they should be allowed to serve their term before even thinking of retirement or succession, otherwise Australia needs fixed 4 year term for all states and territories including at a federal level, good news is that in Victoria we have fixed terms but the other parts of the country don't!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-22/c ... ts/9281198
Spain falls to dent the push for Catalan Independence once again!
Up yours Fleexy!