Finland

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Finland

Post by Rorie »

what do you think about finland? sounds quite dangerous to me fins have the highest gun ownership in the world. yes even though finland has had 2 fatal massacres within the past 12 months (all were involved with educational institutions) incidents like these are quite rare combined with the united states. sadly finland also has the highest suicide rate in the western world. despite all of this i believe that fins are lovely happy people i would even love to visit finland one day in my lifetime. as of the united states i will not consider visting america until george bush is gone nor will i visit if john mccain is the next president but i would consider visting if barack obama took office & did what should have been done a very long time ago introduce national universal health coverage would not apply to me as i would have travel insurance i just do not want to die in an american hospital. i believe that america's health care (ranked 38th) is still one of the worst systems in the world
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I'm not afraid even if I maybe should, yeah, there is a gun in almost every house. Not in ours though. >: I guess school shooting here was only a matter of time, and I guess more will follow. Finnish are very violent and have guns, simple as that. I don't think we are lovely or happy, most people here are unthoughtful, narcissistic, abusive, ugly, and cynical to the point it's so damn childish and very annoying to listen to. I hate this country. :bloody
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

First two things that come in my mind when thinking about finland are KeenRush and the last episode in Night on Earth. If it's anything like Night on Earth it must be depressing. But depressing environments have almost always brought up great humor, as I like sarcasm (Germany is depressing but somehow Germans aren't funny, you can only make fun of them...). And you certainly need sarcasm to get through one of KeenRushs mods without going bonkers. Well, I've never been there, though and as I don't like cold too much I'll propably not go there in the near future, except KeenRush invites the whole community over :p, but generally I think the whole earth is pretty depressing. I just try to have fun anyway. I wouldn't be afraid of being shot, if you are afraid of that there is a whole bunch of things much scarier and much more dangerous than this. For example don't drive a car then!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Me, as well as any Viking, Approves any topic with Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Denmark in the topic title :D
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I went to Helsinki when I was touring eastern Europe. That is my experience with Finland. It was a nice place but the Mexican food is really bad there.

Ditto Poland. And Egypt. And every other place that doesn't border Mexico I think.
Swamper
Grunt

Post by Swamper »

I'd like to go to Finland. I love firearms. :crazy
DISCLAIMER: I don't actually hate anyone, but I like to offend people. It's compassion disguised as misanthropy.
-Conservative/Libertarian/Nationalist and proud of it!-
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

StupidBunny wrote:I went to Helsinki when I was touring eastern Europe. That is my experience with Finland. It was a nice place but the Mexican food is really bad there.

Ditto Poland. And Egypt. And every other place that doesn't border Mexico I think.
That's like eating at the McDonalds in Rome.
Aaaah, not the bees!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Survey ... 5239699865

I did not go out and look for negative things about Finland, I swear. Looking back on the link path, here's how it went.

Warez BB :pirate -> ad on the site -> World Wide Wadio -> what's new -> Sarah Palin as Parrot -> link in youtube video description -> vid of John Cleese talks about the coming election, in which he calls Sarah Palin a Parrot -> John Cleese's Blog -> link -> Forums of the blog -> thread which linked to the above article. Wow, hyperlinks are awesome and disgusting at the same time.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Djaser wrote:That's like eating at the McDonalds in Rome.
Heh, yeah, although I can't complain, as I never dare to go to any restaurants other than fast food places when I'm abroad.

And Helsinki sucks, I hate that city.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

KeenRush wrote: And Helsinki sucks, I hate that city.
Sadly, I've got the same feeling.

I've been in Finland (only in Helsinki) a couple of times, and I didn't like it. It feelt like being in an old movie, so colorless.

When it comes to the natives, I can't say anything, but I guess they're not to unlike the Sweds (I'm from Sweden).. But I might be wrong.
jimmyjames
Vortininja

Post by jimmyjames »

Well I'm Finish (not from Finland but my grandmother lived there), but I have never been there. From what I've heard from some of my family that have gone Finland(to see my finish cousins) it is a very nice place. Either they are crazy or have a different view on it since they are from the US.
Forget it.
Apeiron
Vortininja

Post by Apeiron »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Me, as well as any Viking, Approves any topic with Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Denmark in the topic title :D
Beware about Finland! The Finnish and Lapps are mysterious shamans and witches who'd like to curse you! :-D Agne the Yngling is one of their victims. In Finland's northeast is the land of the frost giants and trolls. Thor fought many times against them. No, in Finland isn't safe for people from Midgard :-D:-D:-D:-D
ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣ ΠΑΣΙΝ ΙΟΡΠΟΙΣ ΤΟ ΠΑΘΟΣ ΦΕΡΕΙΝ. ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣, ΙΝΑ ΤΟΥΤ' ΑΝΙΑΤΑΙ!!! :yorp
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

My friend's cousin's next-door neighbour's dog's 4th puppy's owner went to Finland and got eaten by a family of Moomintrolls.