Blade of Agony: Chapter 2 - Released!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Tormentor667
Vortininja

Blade of Agony: Chapter 2 - Released!

Post by Tormentor667 »

We did it! After polishing the second chapter of Blade of Agony for the past 3 weeks we are here to proudly present the release of "Shadows of the Reich", an all new episode that directly connects where the thrilling action and plot ended in "The Staff of Kings", which is also included in the release with a lot of improvements and additional surprises. So what's new?
  • High-resolution sprites for all actors (monster,npc; not only upscale, real detail) as well as completely new enemies
  • A total of 11 new maps (as well as all maps from chapter 1)
  • Improved effects and features (dialogue screen, npc ai, doors, cutscenes, skins, models)
  • Introducing GZDoom's latest new engine features (ambient occlusion, lense distortion, shadow maps, bloom effect)
  • Exciting and interactive plot with a lot of surprises
...and that's only a fraction of all the things to come. Don't waste any more time, get psyched, get "Shadows of the Reich" just now!
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Re: Blade of Agony: Chapter 2 - Released!

Post by DoomJedi »

Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Wow, I am so happy for you and your team! Congrats on getting it released AND getting the attention of one of the creators!
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Thank you :) We're very excited as well. This is beyond words :)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Congratulations! This is....this is up there. I don't know if it gets better than this. THESE MEMORIES WILL BE PASSED DOWN TO FUTURE GENERATIONS
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Oh that's amazing! I've just finished the first level of the first episode. It's much harder than I thought it would be. I haven't even found all of the secrets and I've been looking a few hours. I can see you've put a lot of effort into this. I like the details such as the yorp, cacodemon and jukebox in the briefing level. I need to find those cartridges! Are they really mini games to play?
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Roobar wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:13 Oh that's amazing! I've just finished the first level of the first episode. It's much harder than I thought it would be.
Well, depending on the selected skill level obviously. Knowing the level helps as well, first attempt can be especially challenging. Dogs and turretgunner surprise you and take alot of health, roof "snipers" and spawned "backtrack nazis" as well.
I can see you've put a lot of effort into this.
Thank you. Indeed, perfectionism, detail, and work ethics/dedication (on a daily basis for such a long development time) of the team is outstanding (from my perspective), added to creativity and overall modding skills it gives impressive (IMHO) result. They polish every detail.
I like the details such as the yorp, cacodemon and jukebox in the briefing level.
ALOT of detail. Indeed. And easter eggs for other classic games.
I need to find those cartridges! Are they really mini games to play?
Virgilio wrote:well cartridges can't be used actually (yet - DoomJedi), there are no finished secret maps
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Just noticed you've been featured on PC Gamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/wolfendoom-blade ... mment-jump
Tormentor667
Vortininja

Post by Tormentor667 »

What an honor!