Extreme Metal Groups

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Extreme Metal Groups

Post by Rorie »

have you ever noticed that all extreme metal group such as voivod the singers scream so hard you can't even understand a word they are saying? i noticed that one voivod song (ripping headaches) watched it on youtube today & i could not understand a thing the singer was trying to say
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

You've just got to get used to it.
I can understand some.
time goes by 時の流れは二人を変えて行くけれど
失くしたものも夢見るものもその手を取って思い出すよ
いつも君の側で...
Swamper
Grunt

Post by Swamper »

A lot of extreme metal groups, yeah, but not all of them. Check out Opeth, they use a mix of singing and growling, and you can still understand the singer pretty well when he growls.
DISCLAIMER: I don't actually hate anyone, but I like to offend people. It's compassion disguised as misanthropy.
-Conservative/Libertarian/Nationalist and proud of it!-
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Are there any good examples in youtube (for example) where this screaming/growling technique is used?
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Aaaah, not the bees!
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

have you ever noticed that all extreme metal group such as voivod the singers scream so hard you can't even understand a word they are saying?
Yes, I have noticed that, but it doesn't really bother me. Not being able to understamd lyrics has never really impeded my enjoyment of a song, or at least, no immediate examples of it doing so come to mind.

I haven't actually listened to all that much extreme metal. Maybe I'll get around to hearing more at some point...