Hi guys.

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 0:11

Hi guys.

Post by Bonevelous » Tue Nov 21, 2017 16:42

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, I'm back. Hello :D
My toast ain't poppin'. I put in there ages ago.

User avatar
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 19:11
Location: FARM COUNTRY!
Contact:

Re: Hi guys.

Post by nanomekia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 17:34

*dramatic scream*

*crash*

*sound of glass shattering*

*sirens*

*dogs howling*

*children crying*

I mean...hi. :P
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites on alternate Tuesdays.

"Just when I manage to prove my superiority I walk into a door."

User avatar
Nisaba
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 23:34
Location: The Outpost
Contact:

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Nisaba » Tue Nov 21, 2017 17:35

hello you, welcome back! where have you been all these years?
"We have come to conquer you all and bring you lots of candy!" | about me | my current project: play Keen mods on a GameBoy |

User avatar
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 0:11

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Bonevelous » Tue Nov 21, 2017 18:53

Just been livin' life, man. It's good to get back into my usual keeny place! 8)
My toast ain't poppin'. I put in there ages ago.

User avatar
Roobar
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 2743
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 16:12

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Roobar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 21:26

Bonevelous wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 18:53
Just been livin' life
What do you mean you've been "livin' life"? That because we haven't left this place we don't have a life?

chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Hi guys.

Post by chrissifniotis » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:55

Roobar wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 21:26
Bonevelous wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 18:53
Just been livin' life
What do you mean you've been "livin' life"? That because we haven't left this place we don't have a life?
That's exactly what it means! :lol
G'day and welcome back.

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Rorie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08

Welcome back and gidday mate!
For new AirBnB users
https://www.airbnb.com.au/c/roriem
You'll receive AUD$50 off your first booking and I'll receive AUD$25

User avatar
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 0:11

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Bonevelous » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55

chrissifniotis wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:55
Roobar wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 21:26
Bonevelous wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 18:53
Just been livin' life
What do you mean you've been "livin' life"? That because we haven't left this place we don't have a life?
That's exactly what it means! :lol
G'day and welcome back.
:lol not really what I meant, but funny nonetheless :lol It's great to be back, talkin' about Keen :)
My toast ain't poppin'. I put in there ages ago.

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Levellass » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:26

*A woman emerges from the ruins. It's hard to tell her age; she seems young yet there are marks of wear upon her. She's thin and gaunt, malnourished and shaking as if with cold. Her hair is unkempt and filthy, her clothes rags. She stares at you - through you- with cold, empty eyes. She's an addict and makes addicts of others just to fuel her compulsion. As she hands you the floppy disk you feel a chill of revulsion run up your spine - but it's too late. She's dead inside, and soon, you will be too.*
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 0:11

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Bonevelous » Thu Nov 30, 2017 19:01

Levellass wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:26
*A woman emerges from the ruins. It's hard to tell her age; she seems young yet there are marks of wear upon her. She's thin and gaunt, malnourished and shaking as if with cold. Her hair is unkempt and filthy, her clothes rags. She stares at you - through you- with cold, empty eyes. She's an addict and makes addicts of others just to fuel her compulsion. As she hands you the floppy disk you feel a chill of revulsion run up your spine - but it's too late. She's dead inside, and soon, you will be too.*
Glad to see you again too :)
My toast ain't poppin'. I put in there ages ago.

User avatar
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 18:29
Location: Tranquility Base
Contact:

Re: Hi guys.

Post by keenmaster486 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06

*You take the floppy disk and, with shaking hands, load it into your 1985 IBM PC/AT. It's been a while since you've done this, but somehow you haven't forgotten how to use the command prompt. Your hair stands on end as you hear the familiar "GA GAAA GA GUH GAA" sound emanating from the ancient machine. Suddenly the screen flashes so brightly you can hardly see. Your eyes adjust to the light, and you are confronted with a sinister image you remember from your past. "Skater Squirrel, ooh, you ugly fruitcake" you snarl as you attempt to turn away and leave - but it's too late. You are compelled to enter the game. As you complete the first level you think maybe this isn't as hard as you thought it would be. Five hours later your shaking hands and red eyes are a testament to your continued inability to complete that goddamn second level. The mysterious woman howls with laughter. You feel nothing, as you hand the next passerby a floppy disk marked in blood with a simple sequence of numbers: "3 1 4"*
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Very silly indeed: https://audaxeundum.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Levellass » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:18

*You look through all the endless, empty files and half complete graphics. Everything is so empty, so incomplete. You struggle to find the slightest bit of development or progress but time and again you find nothing but shadows that slip through your fingers like grains of sand. In desperation you cry out to the darkness 'When? When will this ever get done?!'

A reply comes to you on the wind, faint and insubstantial, mocking your efforts.

"Never, it will NEVER be finished."*
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
Roobar
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 2743
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 16:12

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Roobar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00

*You enter the forums and look at this unread thread. You open it and read all the new replies. You feel like you should write something. You hit the Reply button writing this. You press the Submit but

Post Reply