Levellass, Are you OK?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Re: Levellass, Are you OK?

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

szemi wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:13So YOU better shut the hell up, but very quickly.
Unfortunately, I feel unable to comply with your request.
szemi wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 15:17Okay, it's getting annoying. Where is she?
Just to be clear, when you wrote "it's getting annoying", I read that as something between "I'm getting tired of this" and "this is starting to piss me off". Whether you intended to or not, this makes you sound upset instead of concerned. And the only thing you could possibly be upset about (at least as far as I can tell) would be that you're not getting the patches you want. But let's ignore the patches for now and focus on the word "annoying".

If you are indeed as concerned about Levellass (as a person) as you claim to be, then "annoying" is probably not the word you should be using. It's definitely not a word I would use in that context. Maybe what you wrote is not what you wanted to say, but if that's the case, you could at least have looked up the meaning of "annoying" in some (online) dictionary before telling me to mind my own business (to put it mildly). Especially since two other people pointed out your rather inappropriate choice of words and you even quoted one of them later in the same post mentioned above.

I've learned first hand that it's easy to accidently insult or offend somebody when you don't speak the same language. By writing this, I'm trying to help both of us understand each other, so that we can avoid such misunderstanding in the future. So please, if the word "annoying" has a meaning that doesn't make your post sound like you don't actually care about Levellass as a person, tell me so. I promise that I'll apologize after that.

I know for a fact that you complained about people telling you to "learn English" before. In that thread, you asked people to try to understand what you're trying to say... You should see by now that this doesn't always work. I'm not asking you to be perfect, don't get me wrong here, I'm merely asking you to try to do better. I can tolerate people making mistakes, but I can't stand it when people are not willing to even try to improve.

Now for the second part:
szemi wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:13I DIDN'T MENTION ANY PATCH, OK?
Okay, you didn't mention patches in that particular post, but it's not like you never mentioned patches before (or after):
szemi wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 22:48Okay, it's starting to be strange. Not only for myself, but for those too, who wants patches for their mods like me.
szemi wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:44So then, I must wait for years for a patch ... ? :confused
While we're at it, let's also take a closer look at one of your latest posts:
szemi wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:09Well, if she is not here for long, somebody must "replace" her for a while. For example lemm and/or somebody, who can handle the patches people request/requested.
When I read that post, I can't help but wonder why you didn't write "could somebody please" instead of "somebody must". I think that asking politlely instead of just demanding would be far more likely to lead to somebody actually helping you out. Just sayin'.

By the way, I happen to know a thing or two about patching myself. And by patching I mean actual code changes, not just changing a number from 3 to 10 or replacing a text string. I even considered offering you some help, but I had (and still have) enough stuff going on already. And given your recent posts, I don't think I even want to help you with patches anymore. There you go. I honestly didn't want to tease you by saying "I could, but I won't", since that's basically just bragging and not helping anybody. The only reason why I mention it now is that maybe -- just maybe -- this might motivate you to think twice before posting something and to double-check that what you wrote is indeed what you wanted to say.

In closing, please allow me to put a few more random quotes in this post:
szemi wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 22:48Not only for myself, but for those too, who wants patches for their mods like me.
K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 21:52Well, you could learn how to write your own patches...
Levellass wrote:What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

You don't know me personally.

The 'shut up quickly' thing was a quick reaction as I got up at that moment (really) and you weren't nice (even if was "annoying). Nevermind, ignore this.
But I react now as well, but with nice words:

So, like I mentioned, I got the patches for my Keen 4 mod and I have no trouble with them as they work good. Moreover, I'm also working on a Keen 5 mod, which doesn't have a patch I want, but I don't cry that "I want this now! NOW!" and I don't go to Levellass and bug her because of this. But I tell you nicely, I admit I need that one. The one, when the Shockshund doesn't jump as this doesn't exist yet. No worries, just said. :)

Yeah, I know I mentioned patches in my previous posts, but let's admit: Making complex patches (yourself) like the extra level patches are not that easy. Aren't those? (Okay, maybe for me it's difficult as well as for Levellass. No wonder why she mentioned in case of some patches I requested that it is difficult and such.) Keep in mind.

I can tolerate people making mistakes, but I can't stand it when people are not willing to even try to improve.
There's the point! I'm improving myself as much as I can, but since I don't go to school anymore... It's like driving: if you don't keep up driving for years, you forget it. I hope I didn't say novelty with this.

Anyway, about my mother language fun fact:
Well, hungarian language is stand-alone. Especially, because hungarian language is famous for having the most amount of bad words. In short: we can yell in 6-7 minutes. I could do it, but I'm good boy. :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

I believe she is busy handling some important real-life business. Her contributions here are amazing, and while I hope she returns once real-life things have settled down, she has no obligation to continue providing patching services. Everyone (including the other forum administrators) is here voluntarily and is free to scale back or retire at any time. Please adjust your attitude and appreciate all that she has already done for us.

In regard to patching: it is indeed tricky. For a really long time, all I could do in that department was adjust settings of existing patches. Eventually (much later!) I stumbled my way through a couple new ones. This doesn't necessarily require a lot of cleverness, but rather persistence.
Dr. Seuss wrote:Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try.
In the meantime, make do with what you have. Let's give the Lass some space as we hope for her return.

Regards,
Fleexy
PCKF administrator