My Future. Not Too Bright

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

My Future. Not Too Bright

Post by Rorie »

i had been having problems with my employer months ago & i accepted recently when i contacted my boss about getting my job back (we even got the doctor's certificate saying that i was fit to return) & he did not sound happy at all so let's just say he does not want me back. so i doubt if i have a bright future. my boss did organize a meeting for friday but i could tell by his voice that i will not be employed by him again. so it is clear cut for me find another disabled supported employment job or go back to day programs. i wish i didn't have to speak to him again but i know i have to otherwise i will never be able to move on & forgive myself. i contacted another disabled employment agency & she was nice enough to give some info but could possibly help me but as i said before i doubt that i will ever work again & i will put a strain on the welfare payments system by receiving a pension & never help to ease it by not working again
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I find it unusual that you feel the need to make topics about your personal life on these boards. Not saying it's bad, you're certainly free to post it here, it just seems that the miscellanneus boards of a commander keen forum is a weird place to talk about the things going on in your life.

But a life with no work. Man, thats sad :(
From what I gather, you have some kind of eye disease called Keratoconus (don't know how that worked out), and you have a disability of some sort which makes it difficult for you to fit in with society to make a living, but I'm not sure what that is specifically, or whether it's a physical or mental kind of disablement (I have autism, or more specifically aspergers, and it took me a pretty long time to adjust to the world growing up, so I feel for ya there).

I am yet to reach a point in my life when I've secured a reliable job (I'm still in college), but..... wow, I rambled on a bit there. Maybe I should stop now. Here's to the oldest keener. :christmas Good luck out there :dopefish
szevvy
Vortininja

Post by szevvy »

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... M&refer=us

I too am sh***ing myself at the moment. Further reductions? Gah. With any luck the bomb will fall far away from me and I won't have to worry.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:But a life with no work. Man, thats sad :(
The youth these days... :old That'd be the best damn thing ever happening to me!

Anyway, I don't fucling get it, all these companies make profit (or so am I understanding, maybe wrong) like tenfolds the amount they have expenses, yet, if the sales aren't growing every year, then it means throwing away half the workers! And they expect to make better quality that will sell better the next year, with less staff?! If I was fired by such employer I wouldn't think twice giving them the finger and storming out.

And to Rorie; even if the situation is looking bad now, in case it is, that doesn't mean it will always be. Some people are unemployed for several years before they find something. To you it could be only a few months if even that. Only time will tell, so no reason to fall in despair.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Re:

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

KeenRush wrote:
VikingBoyBilly wrote:But a life with no work. Man, thats sad :(
The youth these days... :old That'd be the best damn thing ever happening to me!
Thanks for giving me a good laugh... I needed that.
VikingBoyBilly wrote:I find it unusual that you feel the need to make topics about your personal life on these boards. Not saying it's bad, you're certainly free to post it here, it just seems that the miscellanneus boards of a commander keen forum is a weird place to talk about the things going on in your life.
Seems to me this person needed to vent his/her feelings. Nothing wrong about doing it here.
VikingBoyBilly wrote:(I have autism, or more specifically aspergers, and it took me a pretty long time to adjust to the world growing up, so I feel for ya there).
Funny you should mention that. I have aspergers too. Life can be so unfair at times. There's really nothing you can do about it, except trying to adjust as much as you can.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

lol i also have aspergers too
(i used to be ME!)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

So (at least) three Keeners on this board are aspies? Hmm... Is that really a coincidence, or a part of Mort's next evil plan? :mort
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

:lol Oh man... My folks have said to me every once in a while I might have it. Although I've noticed myself too, at least most charasteristics fit. It could be some mild sort of it, dunno, I have never been interested or cared to classify myself to anything, since I don't feel bad about whatever I possibly have wrong in the head. :)

But it could explain why we are so Keen. :yorp
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

i had advice from my family that was to quit & start fresh. i now have to wait until the new year to undergo training to become a supermarket shelf stacker i went to a disability support employment agency & they said they would be happy to have me but i still have to check others out & then decide
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Sometimes I'd prefer to have some kind of antisocial disorder. Being a social person is annoying, I need to be around people every now and then in order to remain balanced, but I would much prefer pure, reclusive solitude. It's far less complicated. Computers are much easier to learn than humans and I'd get a lot more done with my projects if it wasn't necessary to get out so much. (Though, maybe my lesser ability to relate to people relative to machines could indicate some degree of a 'disorder' anyway)

Of course, maybe if there were actually people around this area who shared more of my interests, it would be much less of an inconvenience.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I actually have a mild case of Aspergers (I don't know how many of us now) and, although I have always had an ability to keep myself happy and entertained alone, I still like to be able to interact with people. The only problem is that I'm not so good at it :P (But I used to be much worse)
IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Re:

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

StupidBunny wrote:I still like to be able to interact with people. The only problem is that I'm not so good at it :P (But I used to be much worse)
It takes practice. It look me a couple of years to learn how to be sociable and get along with people. As long as your friends/people around you are supportive and aware of your limitations, you'll be fine (in my experience, anyway).
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

So this turned in some kind of asperger thread

I didn't know more about this, so I read Wikipedia and the german version says its also called „Geek Syndrome“ or „Nerd Syndrome“

Well, I've been called a nerd more than once. I also read that there are only 3 of 10000 people with asperger (nearly 60 in 10000 of all other autism forms). And we have 3 and a half here already. So there could be 15000 "normal" people joining this board 8)

I don't want to be rude but to me it seem that none of you is having as many difficulties in life than Rorie does, so lets focus on cheering our man up!

Good Luck Rorie!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Everyone on the PCKF has asperger.
I though that was a well established fact.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I know I have some social disorder, but I don't know what. Aspergers seems to fit, but without an actual diagnosis, it's only a guess.

...But seeing how many people here have it, I wouldn't be surprised if I had it, too.