Why America Needs To Introduce Tougher Gun Controls Now!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Rorie wrote:is that the solution to america's uncontrollable urge to murder each other
Yes, because as an American I have an uncontrollable urge to go out and murder people. The best conclusion to come to from this is that every American citizen is a trigger-happy gun nut.

I never said guns are a good thing. I never said I wanted everybody to own guns. And nobody on this forum did. What I and a number of other people mean to point out is that, dangerous though guns may be, illegalizing or regulating them more isn't going to stop them from being bought by people who really want them. You must realize that solving crime is not a matter of making tougher laws. Murder is illegal in nearly every country, and is often punishable by death, but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Also, I have never seen a single bank in the country where people can buy firearms. That would, in fact, be the stupidest thing any bank could be selling. I have no idea where you got that fact.

And arming kids? If there really was such a program it was never a credible one. I haven't met a single person who would think such a plan was ethical, let alone sane.

My suggestions to you...

1. Cite your sources, because your data is honestly rather questionable.
2. Stop acting like all Americans are the same person. It just makes you sound like a bigot and certainly doesn't contribute to your own credibility.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Lol alright sounds cool. I'll just walk over to the bank with my ski mask to buy a gun and then make a withdrawal from everybody else's accounts. Oh wait, these other guys with ski masks bought guns at the bank too. Looks like I'm in for some competition :disguised
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

StupidBunny wrote:
Rorie wrote:is that the solution to america's uncontrollable urge to murder each other
Yes, because as an American I have an uncontrollable urge to go out and murder people. The best conclusion to come to from this is that every American citizen is a trigger-happy gun nut.

I never said guns are a good thing. I never said I wanted everybody to own guns. And nobody on this forum did. What I and a number of other people mean to point out is that, dangerous though guns may be, illegalizing or regulating them more isn't going to stop them from being bought by people who really want them. You must realize that solving crime is not a matter of making tougher laws. Murder is illegal in nearly every country, and is often punishable by death, but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Also, I have never seen a single bank in the country where people can buy firearms. That would, in fact, be the stupidest thing any bank could be selling. I have no idea where you got that fact.

And arming kids? If there really was such a program it was never a credible one. I haven't met a single person who would think such a plan was ethical, let alone sane.

My suggestions to you...

1. Cite your sources, because your data is honestly rather questionable.
2. Stop acting like all Americans are the same person. It just makes you sound like a bigot and certainly doesn't contribute to your own credibility.
as i said i stand by my beliefs nor will i back down or apologize. my belief is that americans must get serious about gun control otherwise the whole country will tear it self apart with gun violence which has already happened over almost 300 years of the 2nd amendment
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

See, this is exactly what Djaser was talking about in that other post.

Rorie, nobody's asking you to apologise. They're simply pointing out the flaws in your arguments and expressing their opinions. These threads are pointless if you cannot accept that there might be another viewpoint, and that some of your assumptions may be incorrect. Otherwise you're simply ranting incoherent rhetoric.

Your opinion will fall on deaf ears if your own ears are deaf to others' opnions.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Commander Spleen wrote:Your opinion will fall on deaf ears if your own ears are deaf to others' opnions.
This.

I'm sorry Rorie, but your threads/posts are getting more and more painful to read.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Rorie wrote:you can backstab me all you want but i will never stand down or apologize because every one in the world even australians know that americans are idiots
You can't even type in proper English you moron.
StupidBunny wrote:I just noticed...you refer to it as a 400-year-old amendment. 400 years ago was about 1609, which is before most of the colonies that would form the US were even established. I don't mean to be nit-picky but I must point out that the amendment is only about 240 years old.
I think this is because of a comment I made in the other... other gun control topic. I said something about guns being about 400 years old... because that's roughly the time that they were invented. I guess Rorie misread the post and thought that the United States was around for that long or something. I didn't say anything about it though because it was hilarious.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Galaxieretter wrote:
Rorie wrote:you can backstab me all you want but i will never stand down or apologize because every one in the world even australians know that americans are idiots
You can't even type in proper English you moron.
StupidBunny wrote:I just noticed...you refer to it as a 400-year-old amendment. 400 years ago was about 1609, which is before most of the colonies that would form the US were even established. I don't mean to be nit-picky but I must point out that the amendment is only about 240 years old.
I think this is because of a comment I made in the other... other gun control topic. I said something about guns being about 400 years old... because that's roughly the time that they were invented. I guess Rorie misread the post and thought that the United States was around for that long or something. I didn't say anything about it though because it was hilarious.
no i have decided that i was wrong again & went too far with my beliefs on american society i apologize again! & hope that you americans will forgive me for my racist comments. if the topic can be locked then please do that
Up yours Fleexy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Rorie wrote:no i have decided that i was wrong again & went too far with my beliefs on american society i apologize again! & hope that you americans will forgive me for my racist comments.
I wouldn't call it racist, because American (and I use the term loosely) isn't even a race, unless you're referring to the native race, which we're not. You were being clouded by your emotions and jumping the gun (pun not intended) in your posts before getting the facts straight. I think most of us would agree with you that tighter gun controls isn't a bad idea. But there are always going to be stupid people who will go on some arbitrary outbreak hurting others no matter what you do.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Re: Why America Needs To Introduce Tougher Gun Controls Now!

Post by GoldenRishi »

Rorie wrote:http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1226/losangeles.html

unless america introduces tougher gun controls & abolishes the silly 400 year old law that allows them to hold a gun legally thousands more americans will die all because of the silly 400 year old 2nd amendment. in micheal moore's doco bowling for columbine over 1000 americans die each year because of this stupid law. yes australia has gun shootings but it is not as bad in the united states even in canada where they have brought in tougher gun controls the murder rate has been reduced & most canadians feel safer that they leave their doors open so i cannot see why the u.s constitution allows them to still hold guns c'mon you americans are following a 400 year old law don't you think it was time since you have a new president sworn in january 20 2009. you are getting what you need national health coverage you could at least bring in tougher gun controls if you love your guns. all i can say is that you will continue killing each other & the u.s of a will go to hell. shame too i was actually thinking about coming to your country for a holiday since you are getting a leader that i thought i might feel safe with. but now after this santa shooting i think i will stay clear from the u.s but i would still go to canada at least they are treated a lot better than americans are
And every year, 40,000 people die of cigarettes. Therefore, we have 40x as many reason to ban cigarettes.

More importantly, 45,000 Americans die each year of cars. Therefore, we must get rid of cars, because they are the leading cause of death in America.

I'm all for hearing good lines of reasoning for why X, Y, or Z policy should be discarded, reformed, or added to law, but that's provided you have good reasoning. Oh, and President Obama is not giving us universal health care, just in case you're interested.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
Rorie

Re: Why America Needs To Introduce Tougher Gun Controls Now!

Post by Rorie »

GoldenRishi wrote:
Rorie wrote:http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1226/losangeles.html

unless america introduces tougher gun controls & abolishes the silly 400 year old law that allows them to hold a gun legally thousands more americans will die all because of the silly 400 year old 2nd amendment. in micheal moore's doco bowling for columbine over 1000 americans die each year because of this stupid law. yes australia has gun shootings but it is not as bad in the united states even in canada where they have brought in tougher gun controls the murder rate has been reduced & most canadians feel safer that they leave their doors open so i cannot see why the u.s constitution allows them to still hold guns c'mon you americans are following a 400 year old law don't you think it was time since you have a new president sworn in january 20 2009. you are getting what you need national health coverage you could at least bring in tougher gun controls if you love your guns. all i can say is that you will continue killing each other & the u.s of a will go to hell. shame too i was actually thinking about coming to your country for a holiday since you are getting a leader that i thought i might feel safe with. but now after this santa shooting i think i will stay clear from the u.s but i would still go to canada at least they are treated a lot better than americans are
And every year, 40,000 people die of cigarettes. Therefore, we have 40x as many reason to ban cigarettes.

More importantly, 45,000 Americans die each year of cars. Therefore, we must get rid of cars, because they are the leading cause of death in America.

I'm all for hearing good lines of reasoning for why X, Y, or Z policy should be discarded, reformed, or added to law, but that's provided you have good reasoning. Oh, and President Obama is not giving us universal health care, just in case you're interested.
whatever you say but i do believe it will happen eventually. americans should not have to pay insane prices for health care especially when at least 50 million of them are uninsured because of the ridiculous prices & no america's health care is not the best in the world they are 38th. even canada australia & new zealand do better than the united states
Up yours Fleexy!
szevvy
Vortininja

Post by szevvy »

Would you please stop saying 'even Australians' and 'even Australia'? We're not a third world country or anything...
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

szevvy wrote:Would you please stop saying 'even Australians' and 'even Australia'? We're not a third world country or anything...
it is true, Canadians Australians & New Zelanders's even the English do live longer & have much better health care than the americans do
Up yours Fleexy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I'm all for that cigarette banning idea. :smokin2
REDUCE GLOBAL WARMING!!! :garg
Oh, and save a couple lives too, I guess. :yorp
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

'even the English' now?
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Commander Spleen wrote:'even the English' now?
One look at Monty Python is all you need to know that 'even' is the correct word to use. :p

Seriously though, these 'even so-and-so has such-and-such' are like those backhanded compliments like the famous 'you aren't as stupid as you look.'