Administrators and moderators?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Administrators and moderators?

Post by Shadow Master »

The EzBoard-based PCKF had a banner with the list of administrators and moderators. The Keen: Modding forum, and most phpBB-based forums actually, have the list of moderators for specific forums listed under the forum's title in the index (see www.keenmodding.org for examples). But I don't see any of that here. If people need help, who should they contact? Who are the admins? If their threads get locked, or are abused by other users by some mechanism, who are the moderators to ask for help?

Former PCKF moderators:
Snaily

Former PCKF admins:
Yorpy, KeenRush, Flaose, Cho'gall, eK, xtraverse

But new people don't know all this, and the list in ye olde PCKF is gone with the giant move warning in the banner. And remember that you can assign moderators for specific forums in phpBB.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Perhaps there exists an option in phpbb to display the usernames of crewmembers in different colors?
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I don't know where to set the names visible somewhere. Probably I couldn't even do it as I don't have access to the php sources of this forum. It'd help if there could be something area like in the old forum, where KeenWiki could be linked as well.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

I don't know if there's a list, but when a member is online, their username is displayed down at the bottom of the index in the "Who is Online" box. The names of regular members appear in dark gold, moderators' names show up in black and the names of admins are bright yellow.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

KeenRush wrote:I don't know where to set the names visible somewhere. Probably I couldn't even do it as I don't have access to the php sources of this forum. It'd help if there could be something area like in the old forum, where KeenWiki could be linked as well.
Administrators should go to the forum index, and locate at the very bottom a "Administrator control panel" link.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

With that I meant about creating an area such as the old board had on the top of the page, where currently there's that large text linking here. Where can one set such here? I haven't found it. And I've been in that panel dozens of times setting custom titles and removing spambots...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Unfortunately, it really seems you have to modify the PHP sources.

I have not done it, but I suggest fiddling around with the Forum interface style code, as it is more accessible; I know forums whose banner has additional links and such depending on the style / theme set by the user.