oh my lol it is stupid cold outside

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

oh my lol it is stupid cold outside

Post by ckguy »

I'm not usually one to complain about the weather, but this morning while I was walking to classes it was -20 F / -29 C outside.

Freaking ridiculous.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Hehe. Nothing like that here, as can be guessed. Our winters have got mild instead.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Don't ask me. Our country don't have gas (long live russia and ukraine!) for more than one week. At work If we turn on some electric stoves, the electricity turns off. It's not that cold (-8 -11 at max C) but without working radiators is worse and damn freezing. It's the most not so awesome winter ever.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Wow, and here was I, pleased that it has gone down from 34°C to a much more pleasant 28°C. The humidity has dropped too, today I can sit in front of a fan *without* sweat dripping off me... I need air conditioning :-(
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

It's not that cold (-8 -11 at max C)
Haha, yeah... uhh, it gets down to 10-15 degrees and I'm uncomfortable. For summer it's been hovering around that range a lot, which is riduculous. The good swimming weather (upwards of 25) has only solidly kicked in recently, hopefully it'll carry over into autumn since spring was slack as well.

I really wish to get out of here for the winter, head somewhere up North for a bit where the ocean is warm. Going swimming in the winter/ocean would be refreshing.
MM
Grunt

Post by MM »

we had about - 15 °C in germany, too. but the weather calmed down again and at the moment we have temperatures over 0°C again. but it was a dry cold, so very few snow (which seemed to want to stay forever). now it is cold and wet, rainy all day... better a cold dry weather than this stupid garg rainy autumn weather. looking forward to spring which is much more pleasent here in germany. I like temperatures about 18°C. :dopefish
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

We've had -15 winters in America before, although that's including wind chill.

And it probably, if we're talking about wind chill, has been far colder than that.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)