Trouble playing dvd on computer

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Trouble playing dvd on computer

Post by Rorie »

ok so i ended up purchasing the running man once i saw it at a friend's place & liked it. only problem is that it is region 2 & windows media player says that it cannot play it because of something about copy protection. i have bypassed it b4 but i cannot remember how. any help will be appreciated

thanx
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I got my drive region free and I needed 2 things:

1. a program that disables the region protection in your drive. You have to search the internet for something specifical for your drive. Try searching for your drive and the letters RPC (in my case i had a LiteOn drive and it worked with LtnRPC.)
2. a device called DVD Region Killer (freeware) that fools mediaplayer that the regional protection is activated.

Good luck with it. By the way it Is actually legal to do that!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
grafix
Chilling in Crystalus

Post by grafix »

Or you could play it with VLC, which ignores region protection, instead.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

grafix wrote:Or you could play it with VLC, which ignores region protection, instead.
thanx that avoids a whole heap of confusion & it is free too thanx for telling me about that grafix
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Rorie wrote:
grafix wrote:Or you could play it with VLC, which ignores region protection, instead.
thanx that avoids a whole heap of confusion & it is free too thanx for telling me about that grafix
just tested the dvd with videolan it works thank you once again
Up yours Fleexy!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Huh, I didn't know VLC could play DVDs of incompatible region. Another reason for me to like it, I guess!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I've only had bad experience with VLC and dvds. When I've used it it has been first garging slow to get them started/loaded, and then often stopping somewhere and I had to load the disc again. However, that was with my old dvd drive, haven't tried VLC with the newer one.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Also VLC can only ignore the Region Code if your drive is region free (RTP-0), if the drive is protected (RTP-1) it can't bypass this. Well lucky for you Rorie that it worked so easy.
Image You crack me up little buddy!