Hmm...

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Hmm...

Post by XkyRauh »

Someone is impersonating me:

http://www.chileunder.com/vBTube.php?do ... ame=Xkylyr
http://www.youtube.com/Xkylyr

Who would do something like that? :(
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Wtf? That is... strange. And unprofessional... they don't even have any half decent content. :confused
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Wouldnt you sat thats flattering in a way?
Aaaah, not the bees!
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

I'd say it borderlines on creepy.... who the hell does that?

FIRST POST IN ALMOST A YEAR! WOOOOO!
Member since 2003, with breaks of varying longevity interspersed.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

This is way past creepy if you ask me.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

It sucks that anyone can do something like that. Seems some loser is, well, loser. :confused
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Well, I wouldn't be so quick to throw around the term 'loser'. Probably some 10-year-old fanboy or something. But it could very well be some bastard just looking for some cheap traffic.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Either seem a bit odd, considering Xky is probably not that well known outside the Keen world... How did you find those out, Xky?

Edit: And everyone pretending to be someone else (the occasional Tom-Hall-at-PCKF joke not count) else is a loser in my opinion.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I'm DaVince21 at the old forums! Please believe me!

But seriously, that stuff is weird. :confused
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Gr1nreaper
Vortininja

Post by Gr1nreaper »

So he has a profile on a social networking site in chile, but lives in the UK? Sounds like you somehow angered someone, and they felt they could "get you back" as it were, by making fun of your previous interests in Commander Keen. Either that or they knew so little about you that the only thing they could attack was your interest in Commander Keen.

"Occupation: Commander Keen's Wife " This is not only crude, but obviously an attempt at slander.

Poor pathetic soul... The internet really IS the bathroom wall of the world.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I can't imagine Xky doing anything to anger someone...
:confused

And as KR said, it's one thing to copy someone who is popular... but to impersonate someone who isn't even that well known, that's just weird.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

"nobody knows how to pronounce Xkylyr (even though it obviously is pronounced 'Sky Liar')"

I'm with geinius 314, can't imagine Xky angering anyone, but the 'sky liar' may be an indication behind their actions; feeling lied to about something. Or it could be just another cheap shot, I dont know. Annoying nonetheless.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Hmm, indeed. In that light it does appear much more malicious. How very random.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

This is very strange. I agree that it does appear somewhat malicious ('Sky Liar' and 'Occupation: Commander Keen's Wife'), but whether it's jokingly or not I can't tell. This could be someone you know in real life. (You never know!) That YouTube account has been around since May 2008. Did you make any enemies around that time that you were aware of?

It's also odd that the only things the person knows about you are your age and that you like Commander Keen. Are you well-known in non-Keen circles to be a Keen fan? Is there information readily available online about your other interests? (Music, education, and music education are the ones I'm aware of.) Did they pick Keen stuff because they knew the most about your Keen-likingness, or did they look online for stuff about you, and turned up a lot of Keen stuff?

(edit - Just noticed that Gr1nreaper made several of these same points but in a much more concise way.)

Questions questions questions.

I'm glad I'm not famous enough to have people impersonating me. >_>
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

This is one of the things that make someone go "WTF?"

Too bad there really isn't anything bad about "name stealing" on the internet. Do you think you could get these deleted? I mean it's insulting someone in particular so an E-Mail to these places could rectify this.

Really strange. It's probably just a random attack by someone who saw you on Keen Modding or something. (I mean they know you made mods.) It seems as if they made these in about an hour, got their lols and never did anything else with it. I don't really get the thing about being 19 though.

It could be shockshund, DUN DUN DUN!