Gobliiins IV

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Gobliiins IV

Post by Roobar »

Do you remember the Gobliiins series? It's one of those unique puzzle-adventure games with a lot of humor. And man, were they hard! The good news is that Gobliiins 4 will be released in Europe on 27th March 2009! IMO the graphics doesn't look good, but it's independent French studio. I don't know for an English version. For more info check out http://www.gobliiins4.com/description.htm

Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Bleh. Cheap 3D. Hopefully it has some good gameplay to it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the second game, and have played it many times over the years. Couldn't figure out the first one, and the third one doesn't seem too appealing with just one gobliiin.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Haven't played any of them but have to say the older game with 2D looks much better.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Why 3D, and then such a bad one.
Well, I agree, the old ones looked much better. Gobliiins 1 wasn't that good, simply because you died all the time. An adventure shouldn't kill you each time you do something wrong. Gobliins 2 and 3 where great. And there are more than one Gobliin in Gobliins 3.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I never played Gobliiins, and based on reviews I read, the health bar & punishing the player for mistakes was a terrible idea.

Had Gobliins 2, but the save games on it kept glitching. My inventory would get corrupted, so I'd wind up with numbers instead of items (my inventory would be 2, 3, 7, 4 instead of the items I'd collected so far) and so I never was able to finish it.

Goblins 3 I was actually able to finish! :) In place of specific goblins, the main character (Blount) gets assistants in different areas, so you've always got a second character to help you out, and you even get to play as a few different protagonists over the course of the game.

That said, 4 looks atrocious so far. :( Like Spleen said: Cheap 3D.