Blocking users

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Blocking users

Post by szemi »

I want to ask: Have you admins ever thought to add a 'block user' option? Because this would be good against spammers and so on.
Yeah, piece of cake!
namida
Vortininja

Re: Blocking users

Post by namida »

Unless the forum software already supports such a feature and they simply haven't enabled it, this would not be a trivial task. But you can always ignore them the old-fashioned way. ;)
Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined - a reimagining of Goodbye Galaxy and Aliens Ate My Babysitter
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

If you go to your user dropdown in the upper right, then User Control Panel, then the Friends & Foes tab, then the "Manage foes" tab on the left, you can add users whose posts will be hidden to you. (Not sure how I feel about the feature being called "foes", but it's a phpBB thing.)

However, if a user is consistently causing problems, it may be better to contact a moderator or administrator about the situation.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Was there a spam issue you experienced which prompted this post, @szemi, or was this just a general suggestion? Apologies if the former, feel free to let me know if you're being spammed via DM or something.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass