The PCKF skin before the migration

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

The PCKF skin before the migration

Post by Quillax »

Hey, I was wondering if there is any plans to return to the Commander Keen-themed forum skin this forum had before we migrated. I'm talking about this: https://web.archive.org/web/20140708105 ... .pckf.com/

I'd love to see it come back someday, especially that cool banner! This default phpBB skin is getting rather dull and can give outsiders an amateurish impression. We could also look into doing a new skin if anyone is interested! :)
Last edited by Quillax on Thu Aug 22, 2019 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: The original PCKF skin

Post by Roobar »

And I would like to have a modern dark/night mode. But unfortunately, it seems Fleexy is too busy and/or would not care enough to find the time for this. Otherwise we would already be having more skins...
namida
Vortininja

Re: The original PCKF skin

Post by namida »

I was gonna say "wouldn't the original one be the ezBoard one", but I vaguely recall there was something even before that?
Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined - a reimagining of Goodbye Galaxy and Aliens Ate My Babysitter
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: The PCKF skin before the migration

Post by Quillax »

I was referring to the skin we used before we migrated, but I wasn't able to find a better way to word the topic title at the time. It'd be cool if we can have a personal option to use one of the older skins, though. Like these: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Public_ ... um#Gallery
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Thanks everyone for reminding me of this. People are discussing new themes in another thread, but in the meantime I went through and just changed a bunch of CSS colors to get a green-and-yellow theme reminiscent of the phpBB 2 forum. (While I was at it I finally fixed admins' and mods' names being blazing bold red/green.) You'll probably need to do a hard reload to see all the updated styles and images. Please let me know if I missed a spot of blue. :)
Roger_Klotz
Vortininja

Post by Roger_Klotz »

I thought something looked different and more retro since I was last on here. It looks awesome! Great work, Fleexy!
'90s Kids Unite @ the Power Rangers Forum - https://generationz.jcink.net