Interesting video about CGA

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Interesting video about CGA

Post by Quillax »

I just found out about this video recently, which is about CGA graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKblgZupOc
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Re: Interesting video about CGA

Post by Benvolio »

I love the 8 bit guy!!!! One of my favourite YT channels. In fact I bought a vintage synthesiser based on watching his 8 bit keys channel.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Loved the video.
Benvolio wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 20:48 I love the 8 bit guy!!!! One of my favourite YT channels. In fact I bought a vintage synthesiser based on watching his 8 bit keys channel.
Mine just arrived in the mail from a repair shop. :p
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

What did you buy? I got a Yamaha PSS-470 dating from 1987. Sure it is slated by many as "amateur" or worse, "a toy". But it sounds fantastic and was only £70 (could have been £30 if I had the time and patience for ebay auctions).
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I looked up the Yamaha PSS-470 to see what it looks like, and it looks pretty cool!

The 8-bit Guy seems pretty cool as well; I remember watching his video about how graphics worked on the Commodore 64 and NES (I think?). That one is... pretty cool! I liked the part where you see someone filling some squares on grid paper, who scans it into something, which turns it into a sprite for the C64! It's fascinating to know about how these old machines worked! :D
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Benvolio wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 What did you buy? I got a Yamaha PSS-470 dating from 1987. Sure it is slated by many as "amateur" or worse, "a toy". But it sounds fantastic and was only £70 (could have been £30 if I had the time and patience for ebay auctions).
ARP Pro Soloist. Going to try deep sampling it. :helmet
I have crazy expensive keyboards that can do everything but I find the quirky one-trick pony boards are more lovable. :love
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!