New Email

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

New Email

Post by Rorie »

i have had my webhosting with apthost for almost 2 years now & recently renewed it for another 2 years since i am very happy being with them the australian dollar might only be worth about 70 u.s cents but they are still much cheaper than other webhosts in oz. plus the support with them is terrific i can install a mambo cms with just a few clicks. anyway i had a gmail account for ages during all that time i had several email accounts with apthost i wasn't using so i figure since i made a payment of 70.80 us dollars i better use my money's worth so i shutdown my gmail & created roriem@rorboy1983.com as my new email. i can't access it thru shared computers i can only access it from home i will look into that. i know xtraverse once had hotmail but just like me we are using our webhosting email accounts to get our money's worth there is cheap webhosting out there and apthost is one of the good ones but you have to search to find what you are happy with. how about you are you sick of free email accounts with all the spam that comes with them or do you prefer paid email accounts?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Well I actually still use my "free" email accounts. I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail, both I've been using since middle school when I first got on the internet. I signed up for a Gmail but I didn't like it.

I use one email for automated responses and one for personal human to human use. I no longer receive spam on any account for the past few years.

I do have the ability to use email with my websites but I never set my emails up because I really don't care. It is more of a pain to set up and use then it would be to use the website-based email. Besides, if I ever decide to let my websites fall into ruin...
*cough*
I wouldn't have to worry about losing my email, making a new one and then letting everyone know that I have a new email address.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I use free accounts, I've had no problems with them.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.