Bonemotikeens!!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I don't think they all will -- otherwise there'll be way too many of them. And not all of them are expressive enough, or at times it's difficult to say what they represent unless one knows it already. And some are just too bizarre. :gimp
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bonevelous »

Bump.

He says he's your father.
Check out Flixxy the Fox: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6378

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

KeenRush wrote:I don't think they all will -- otherwise there'll be way too many of them. And not all of them are expressive enough, or at times it's difficult to say what they represent unless one knows it already. And some are just too bizarre. :gimp
Yeah like when was the last time someone used this? :painted
Rasta keen is awesome beyond belief but I've never seen it used in an actual post :rasta

As for that vader keen something about the mouthpiece seems to be off on perspective. It looks like the mouth part is facing straight at you even though keen's head is slightly isometric.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bonevelous »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
KeenRush wrote:I don't think they all will -- otherwise there'll be way too many of them. And not all of them are expressive enough, or at times it's difficult to say what they represent unless one knows it already. And some are just too bizarre. :gimp
Yeah like when was the last time someone used this? :painted
Rasta keen is awesome beyond belief but I've never seen it used in an actual post :rasta
Yeah, some of our installed emotes are very strange, as you said. :helmet

Makes it all the more worth adding more strange emotes. :potter :p
Check out Flixxy the Fox: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6378

MortimerInBlack
Vortininja

Post by MortimerInBlack »

Here is my request: a "This Is Neat Sign" in SGA. You could just rip it.

No, u know what we really need? The ability to make any sign. It could be a custom BBCode, like u know how we start quotes with "[quote]" And it would all be SGA. You don't even have to translate it into a picture, cuz we have some good SGA fonts already.

:rollin
The Viking II lander actually did land on a 'rock' on Mars.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCa ... =1975-083C
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

Bonevelous wrote:
shikadi wrote:gargkeen and bloogkeen
tulip wrote:How about Darth Keen?
Galaxieretter wrote:A headbanging "rock on" Commander Keen.
I'll get to it. :)

Here's the ones I made so far...

NES

EPIC CRY

HD

HDF
Credit to BITF: HDF

MORTKEEN

NO HELMET

PIKAKEEN

Dude, I'm sorry! I missed out on these.. But I just found them now!

They are all really neat! :D Thank you!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

MortimerInBlack wrote:Here is my request: a "This Is Neat Sign" in SGA. You could just rip it.

No, u know what we really need? The ability to make any sign. It could be a custom BBCode, like u know how we start quotes with "
" And it would all be SGA. You don't even have to translate it into a picture, cuz we have some good SGA fonts already.

:rollin
What, putting text on pictures? In the not-even-standards-compliant phpbb? I'd prefer an image conversion through a php library or whatever so complete quallity and workingness-on-all-browsers is guaranteed.

If this fairly farfetched idea even makes it into the forums... :)
Wow look at me I'm lurking
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

You know you have the option to change the font displayed in your browser, including custom ones you dropped in, at any time right? That's how you show everything on the internet in SGA! :p Of course, it doesn't show it that way to anybody else so it is moot. What this board really needs is a font tag with SGA as one of the options (among other fonts, maybe).

You know, [font="SGA"]This is neat.[/font]
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:You know you have the option to change the font displayed in your browser, including custom ones you dropped in, at any time right? That's how you show everything on the internet in SGA! :p Of course, it doesn't show it that way to anybody else so it is moot. What this board really needs is a font tag with SGA as one of the options (among other fonts, maybe).

You know, [font="SGA"]This is neat.[/font]
Yeah, but I'd rather not have specific font-requiring features. I don't usually have the SGA font installed, and I'm sure plenty of others don't either, even if this is a Keen forum.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Maybe SGA characters could be handled as individual .png's?
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Something tag like [sga]neat[/sga] is a brilliant idea, I think. But I don't have the skills to write such a feature to the phpBB system. :bloody
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

DaVince wrote:I don't usually have the SGA font installed, and I'm sure plenty of others don't either, even if this is a Keen forum.
Every time I get a new computer first thing I install the SGA font. Honestly.

Yep that [sga] tag would be great, I'd love it even if it makes this forum even nerdier and more esotheric.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Do the rest of you have trouble reading it? Or can you read SGA fluently? I used to have to refer to an SGA translation every time I saw it, but now I can make out what signs say without needing a translation. It takes me about a second or two to decipher them (like a 5 year old reading the regular alphabet :crazy ), but I'm getting much better. Me and my friend installed the font on aim and messaged each other with it for fun. Then I found out he was cheating with a preview of what I was typing in regular font before I posted it :dead
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I have trouble reading it, and the confusion only got bigger when I learnt Katakana (a bunch of Japanese characters including ones very similar to SGA, like テ and フ). I just never bothered deciphering it. :p
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I need a larger font size, but I can read it easily enough, for now. I have the odd ability to totally lose my SGA fluency, then regain it sometime later. Possibly it is a matter of use, nobody SGAs me anymore.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.