Got the paper recycling job

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Got the paper recycling job

Post by Rorie »

on the old ezboard i told the community that i was going to try for a 2nd job i got it! no problems the 1st day went smoothly expect the company now has to find me at least size 12-13 safety boots. i still earn the same wage as i do for the website job as i have to wait until next year for crs to interview me to decide how much more i should be paid so it doesn't affect my disability pension

the site i work on
http://www.artunlimited.org.au

the link for the recycling employer
http://www.stlaurence.org.au/paper_services.asp
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Congratulations. The small pics on the latter site look quite interesting, that machinery and stuff.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Yah, this might be an excellent opportunity to ask people about their jobs.
I've been a green grocer for the past five years and I hunger to something different so I'm very curious what every one else does for his/her pocket money.
Aaaah, not the bees!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I-I'm actually a lazy bastard, to be honest. Seriously. I receive money monthly through a "study financing" plan that my country (the Netherlands) attends for any student who asks (well, subscribes) for it. I have only ever once worked so far, and that was being a part-time helpdesk for an online SMS company.

Hell, it's difficult for me to even deliver everything in time for school. Physical work is probably not in it for me, unless all computers in the world suddenly become unavailable.

:dead2
Wow look at me I'm lurking
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

I'm unemployed.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

I did nothing from January until November. Now I work at the local convience store.

I hate my job.

Hell... I hate my LIFE. :rolleyes
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

DaVince wrote:I-I'm actually a lazy bastard, to be honest. Seriously. I receive money monthly through a "study financing" plan that my country (the Netherlands) attends for any student who asks (well, subscribes) for it. I have only ever once worked so far, and that was being a part-time helpdesk for an online SMS company.
You manage with that? It sure isn't enough for me.
Aaaah, not the bees!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Oops, I forgot to tell that my spendings actually are 0 euros a month! My mother pays for my study (and clothes, I'll have to admit) and somehow doesn't want to use the money intended for it. So I'm getting the money and she pays.

When I mention this to her she's like "haha, you're too honest. I'll manage, you just keep the money". :confused

Don't worry though, I'm not spoiled or anything! :dopekeen
Wow look at me I'm lurking
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

My situation is the same as DaVince's, I only study (but am not lazy), and I basically use my own money only on records, and parents pay the rest. But I also live home. And the government doesn't pay much at all... :garg
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I'm contracted to shovel the snow from people's homes. If it doesn't snow much, I win, if it snows a lot, they win.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

My base income originates from Centrelink, who pay me about $430 a fortnight (with free rent and only an internet bill, this is rather comfortable). Along with that are two jobs which have been configured through a government incentive scheme, which reimburses my wages to my employers for a 13-week period, in the hope that they'll keep me on afterward.

One is a part-time/casual job at a local computer store, but a lot of that income is deducted from my Centrelink payment. I also work with my mother's company OzCarnies Amusements Pty Ltd, building that website and helping to operate the rides and stall at the various markets and events we attend.

I'm hoping to get fired or something from the computer job, as a) their methods and practices, at least when it comes to software, are sub-standard, and b) it doesn't matter anyway because their customers don't seem to appreciate a well-constructed and inexpensive software environment. Hopefully they never come across this post. :P

In addition to these, I'm pursuing a couple of investment avenues. One is a sports arbitrage my mum's boyfriend has bought into. It's been put into my hands to make it work. So far I've made a lot of mistakes, like missing one side of the arb and essentially ending up with a gamble--a couple paid out big, and a lot more acquired small losses, balancing themselves out. It's yet to become a consistent source of income (partly due to our relatively small capital), but it works.

Ultimately my aim is to use the arbitrage, stock market and FOREX (when I get a decent broker), as my main sources of income, and use some of the spare time and money for my existing creative pursuits, particularly game development. (And Keen modding).[/url]
xtraverse
Stranded Fish

Post by xtraverse »

I'm a student in university currently, academic scholarship covers my tuition and housing, work ten hours a week or so in a cell biology lab doing imaging analysis of neurons for some money on the side. Parents cut me off long ago.
Yorpy
Vorticon Elder

Post by Yorpy »

I work as a Java Developer at an insurance company. It's pretty cool, I like the job.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Wow, there's someone here who actually likes their job! ;-) I'm an IT manager at a university, and with effectively no boss I really like my job too.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Nice jobs, folks. This is so cool to read stuff like this after like 4-5 years, because so many things has changed (for everyone else but me).

By the way, I just checked from the olde board, I joined March 16, 2002... Woah... :yorp It's weird to imagine I've been around 1/4 of my life. And even stranger that some have been 1/2 or 1/3 of theirs.