Archiving the PCKF

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Not sure about hostile, but I certainly was much stoopider. :disguised

By the way, this one was just great! :lol I hope TMST finds his way back here sometime...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

elecdude33 wrote:
xtraverse wrote:http://dosclassics.com/old/pckf/

Some interesting topics from many years ago there, you won't find these on the current ezBoard.
Whoa, I didn't know about this...

Edit: Is it just me or did this forum used to be a lot more hostile? :confused
Yes, it's you because as I said most topics Xtra saved are topics where people where going nuts.
Aaaah, not the bees!
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Djaser wrote: Yes, it's you because as I said most topics Xtra saved are topics where people where going nuts.
Ah, so it's a biased sampling of topics?
xtraverse
Stranded Fish

Post by xtraverse »

haha yeah I just saved the most entertaining ones.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

keen online, 4 years ago wrote:I'd be surprissed if theres a community in five years.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

xtraverse wrote:haha yeah I just saved the most entertaining ones.
I'm glad to see the "I have the rights!" topic.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

:( Poor KeenRush. That was fairly brave even posting that online! God, I'd never post private relationship stuff online, even to people who don't even know who I am in real life, and I'd never meet. That said, I did identify with lots of stuff that people said in that thread.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

In retrospect, maybe the train was a better option. :p
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Shadow Master wrote:
xtraverse wrote:haha yeah I just saved the most entertaining ones.
I'm glad to see the "I have the rights!" topic.
That topic is just stupid, even back then. That joke was made every year a tradition that now has been broken.
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

CK Guy wrote::( Poor KeenRush. That was fairly brave even posting that online! God, I'd never post private relationship stuff online, even to people who don't even know who I am in real life, and I'd never meet. That said, I did identify with lots of stuff that people said in that thread.
Hmmm, maybe I should kindly ask him to take it down... But well, the good thing is that I have learned from my extreme stoopidity, I can laugh at myself and how immature I was at that time. It sounds like a badly written high school comedy. I'm very glad now that nothing happened, and wasn't down for long after that rejection, either. But earlier, I was young and foolish, only wanting someone's company, as silly as it sounds -- although that's the most common thing people want, and I doubt nobody disagrees. How many here can honestly say they have never wanted to befriend someone? (Only person here I'd believe is Djaser, if he said he never has.) Very last, I still don't think it was anything unnatural, even if it might have been unnatural to my own nature. I might sound defensive, but it's because I'm a bit angry to myself that I have ever even bothered...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Why? Is your real name in it? Do thousands of people read these archives?

Anyway as for you saying that I do want to befriend with somebody, that's not really true. I just don't care much about it.
Aaaah, not the bees!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Djaser wrote:Why? Is your real name in it? Do thousands of people read these archives?
No, but it's in the Yorphius readme. (Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. In the KeenWiki history: Removed trivia. Spleen, you know I hate that. :P)

*wgets them all before anyone else can regret what they said years and years ago*
Last edited by ckguy on Tue Nov 27, 2007 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

No, and no, but that doesn't mean I love that topic. :p I sent him a message but it's up to him, anyways.

And I didn't say you do want to, I said you're the only person here I'd believe if you said you have never wanted someone's company.

But anyways, seems it was my mistake in my past -- I'm still without any company, now more than ever (as it's somehow 'commanded' in this society that people my age shouldn't be alone), but I've come to love it, I only wish I had learned it this way so much earlier, and not had my tiring hopes. Not that I've ever been that outgoing, but still... Regret... :bloody I feel so annoyed because of that weakness.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

I hate when people post while you're editing your latest post.

[Edit:] Cause that's what just happened with my post and KR's post.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Don't be to hard on yourself KR, you'll have plenty of companionship when you'll be in the army.
Aaaah, not the bees!