Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

KeenRush wrote:I might finally go to see it today or tomorrow -- but one thing: do you need some sort of 3D glasses?? I guess the cinema will provide them. And if you already wear glasses do you wear those on top of them? (Won't look nerdish at all... 8))

If the cinema shows a S3D movie they must provide glasses for everyone.
It's not law but common sense.

Since the glasses are probably polarized filters they don't distort like glass lenses does. It works perfectly fine using regular glasses under the filter glasses, but as you say may look funny.
ImageMay the Well Of Wishes grant you a fortunate new year!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Avatar Lords Over Rings, Now No. 2 All Time

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni1387407/
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Meh. Didn't deserve it. LotR's soundtrack beats its one all to pieces. LotR's plot beats its one all to pieces. LotR's acting most likely beats its acting at least partially to pieces.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

OK, that does it, now I definetly won't watch it.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Deltamatic wrote:Meh. Didn't deserve it. LotR's soundtrack beats its one all to pieces. LotR's plot beats its one all to pieces. LotR's acting most likely beats its acting at least partially to pieces.
I knew Cameron should've got Leonardo DiCaprio and shape shifting robots!
KelinciHutan
Vortininja

Post by KelinciHutan »

Avatar is alright, but all it's really got going for it is the amazing visuals. The story is one that I've heard before. And it's not like it's got a bad moral (genocide is bad, yo!), but the way it's handled is so clunky. Ugh.

Overall, I did enjoy it. I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD. But I don't think it's quite all that and a bag of chips.

* I was going to put in some links to TVTropes but fortunately for everyone reading this, the website is downish at the moment. Next time, though... :mortlol
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Jungle Bunny wrote:The story is one that I've heard before.
Indeed.

I'm still yet to watch this. Based on this and what others have said, I shall set my expectations for the story at a low level in order to enjoy it more.
KelinciHutan
Vortininja

Post by KelinciHutan »

Commander Spleen wrote:
Jungle Bunny wrote:The story is one that I've heard before.
Indeed.

I'm still yet to watch this. Based on this and what others have said, I shall set my expectations for the story at a low level in order to enjoy it more.
Kamu bisa bicara bahasa?!? *pesta*
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Pesta indeed. I must remember that one.

Saya pelajar something-something di sekola, but didn't get very far since I never really had much reason to use it and not many of us studied it after the compulsory first year or so.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

IT IS AWESOME. Aside from the environmentalist-wacko overtones, it is a good story, good CGI, and a fantastic score by my favorite movie composer, James Horner! Writer of the legendary Apollo 13 soundtrack and the Titanic soundtrack, along with many others.

EDIT: I wonder how many people will start speaking Na'vi like they did Klingon? :no
Last edited by thehackercat on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:15, edited 1 time in total.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

thehackercat wrote: EDIT: I wonder how many people will start speaking Na'vi like they did Klingon? :no
In sweden at KTH, there was a class solely focusing on the Klingon language. Now isn't THAT awesome?!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

ZidaneA wrote: In sweden at KTH, there was a class solely focusing on the Klingon language. Now isn't THAT awesome?!
Yes!!!!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Hehe, it's cool, and it's also fun to imagine someone getting paid for teaching others language like that.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

i had wanted to see it so badly. finally got my chance. avatar was nothing but violence & death. now the producers are planning a sequel. good riddance! i will not be watching the sequel or buying the dvd. there were people crying in the theater where i was. no i will not drag this on like i did with the matrix movies just in case the members from the ezboard days wanna know
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Shilor
Vortininja

Post by Shilor »

I really enjoyed it. I didn't think I would but I ended up loving the movie. Now that I have heard plans for a sequel... I kind of dread this. I really think it should be left as it is.