Scarie movies

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

KeenRush wrote:
DSL wrote:For those stuck in the vampire hype and want something different i can recomend this really good swedish movie Låt Den Rätte Komma In (Let The Right One In)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/
It's really good if you are fed up with the greasy Disney like Twilight movies and want something more toned down. Don't be fooled though it's not a children's movie and probably much more gruesome than Twilight at times.
This one actually is a vampire movie, unlike Twilight. I too would recommend seeing it, it's rather good... :disguised

They're making a Hollywood version of it called Let Me In... :dead So useless... I guess I'll go to see it just to have a laugh at it.
Yeah how come americans, sorry i mean hollywood, never seem to respect foreign successful movies as they are without doing 'a remake'. Poor american audience must be so fed up with american movies all the time, no?
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Well, yeah, we are.
But occasionally something good comes out over here, and there's other English-speaking movie-producing countries that can make good stuff we can watch without subtitles in the meantime.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

Deltamatic wrote:Well, yeah, we are.
But occasionally something good comes out over here, and there's other English-speaking movie-producing countries that can make good stuff we can watch without subtitles in the meantime.
Pardon me for asking but, i have always been told that the genral american disregard movies that needs subtiles? I suspect that you should take stuff like this with grains of salt but is there any truth behind it?

I wonder if it's related to the need to make americanized remakes perhaps?
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

I can't speak for all Americans, but I've never watched a non-English movie. With the variety available to him, the average American would probably only buy things that were popular in America or that caught his eye in a movie store [or movie area of a larger store], both of which are all English.
crumejack

Post by crumejack »

According to me "The Matrix" is very scary movie....I like to see horror movies and here are the name of my favorite horror movies :
The Notebook
Becoming Jane
The Last Man on Earth
Day of the Dead
Candyman
Dead Alive
Pet Sematary
Halloween
Vampires
The Matrix
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

crumejack wrote:According to me "The Matrix" is very scary movie....I like to see horror movies and here are the name of my favorite horror movies :
The Notebook
Tee hee hee.

Edit: And to, um, make my post semi-worthwhile, according to me we've had a lot of spammers lately.