The Cat Empire > Cinema

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

The Cat Empire > Cinema

Post by kuliwil »

It's their new album - came out last week.

My sister got it by mail order straight from the band so I've had a few days to get to know it :P

It's rather good! There's nothing like In The Darkness Live from Live on Earth, but all up it's a pretty good album!

I do miss tracks like Beanie though, but this is pretty cool.

Somewhere on YouTube there is the clip for "Feeling's Gone" - that is an excellent song! I'll hunt it down......

Do people here know The Cat Empire or Jackson Jackson?
Last edited by kuliwil on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22, edited 1 time in total.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Never heard of it, sorry :)
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Quite understandable - The Cat Empire is an Australian band with large orchestra and brass sections, so they probably don't get much air play anywhere! They are fairly well know here.

Jackson Jackson is its less-well-known cousin; most of JJ is from the Empire. Here's a Jackson Jackson song that made it rather big here, it's called "All Alone": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-iTL54Iss
That's from their second album - their first album had more of a hiphop influence in it. It wasn't hiphop, but it had some of the vocal styles in some places. I much prefer the first album.

EDIT: Nothing wrong with their second album :P
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Cat Empire are pretty cool. There's a nice balance of mainstream-ish tracks and more surreal stuff like The Darkness (also the French version of Hotel California from Live on Earth is very odd). Can't say I've ever heard of Jackson Jackson, though.
wildrooster
Vortininja

Post by wildrooster »

Checked out some of their tunes and I dig. Thanks for the tip.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

This stuff works for me. Thanks for the heads-up
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall