Disturbed - Asylum

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Disturbed - Asylum

Post by Grimson »

Yes, my single favourite band, the Disturbed, is about to release their newest album, titled Asylum, in August 24 (if everything goes as planned, that is). You can listen to their newest single "Another Way to Die" on YouTube (or get it from iTunes).

I'm so excited :D (though this isn't exactly news for me, I was only reminded to post about it because of kuliwil's thread)
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

I'm not usually a Disturbed fan but that was rather good! I liked the start but that style of singing/verse just makes me feel violently ill :barf

Good to see them using their music for a message though. I like bands who are like that - most of those that I listen to have an environmental message actually haha, even if not in their songs. (don't post only re:environment - it just occurred to me that this could lead to a topic derailment)

EDIT:
#
WoWTrygin
2 minutes ago
@teay1324 Well, they're kinda metal but they are more hard rock =p
haha, true
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I liked the start but that style of singing/verse just makes me feel violently ill
How so? Well, I guess I was unsure about it in the start (that was years ago, Voices must've been the first Disturbed song I listened to), but grew to like it very quickly. I can't stand any modern heavy (black, gore or whatever they are clasified these days, the whole clasification system is biased IMO as there are hundreds of forms of metal alone) metal bands where the vocals only consist of growling or shrieking, and the music itself only consists of double-bass without any melody. That's no music IMHO.
Personally, that quarrel about what to class to put their music into felt really childish. It doesn't matter to me at all whether they are recalled as a hard rock, heavy metal or nu metal band.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Grimson wrote:
Personally, that quarrel about what to class to put their music into felt really childish. It doesn't matter to me at all whether they are recalled as a hard rock, heavy metal or nu metal band.
haha, maybe I should adopt your sentiment... I have an ongoing debate with a few friends of mine that Metallica is largely NOT heavy metal, just thrash mixed with heavy rock. Black Sabbath is heavy metal - bear in mind the missing parts of the fingers of their bassist I think that were replaced with metal caps, getting the sound that's called heavy metal!
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Sveeeet. I love Disturbed. Alas, my connection is shaped to dial-up speed for another day, so watching the clip will have to wait.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

I like the song, but that video really... disturbed me.
It probably didn't help that I was eating at the time. :barf
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

This is what I've come to expect from Disturbed
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
wildrooster
Vortininja

Post by wildrooster »

Disturbed =

http://www.andrewmoisey.com/vomit.jpg

Edit: view the pic at your own risk, the title says it all.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Could you PLEASE put that image in spoiler quotes or something? x.x
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

@wildrooster: :redeyes
This is what I've come to expect from Disturbed
Somehow that doesn't sound too positive.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I guess it isn't. If I was to describe their new album I'd use words like outdated, uncreative, kitsch, unneeded pathos. But that's just me, so don't let me stop you in enjoying that band, which was indeed a good one.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
wildrooster
Vortininja

Post by wildrooster »

RoboBlue wrote:Could you PLEASE put that image in spoiler quotes or something? x.x
I will when the radio does. Then I can stop spending money to clean my vomit out of my car.