Micheal Moore

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

A definition of monopoly:
(economics) a market in which there are many buyers but only one seller; "a monopoly on silver"; "when you have a monopoly you can ask any price you like"
If you have competition, you know you're not a monopoly.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Deltamatic wrote:A definition of monopoly:
(economics) a market in which there are many buyers but only one seller; "a monopoly on silver"; "when you have a monopoly you can ask any price you like"
If you have competition, you know you're not a monopoly.
and a successful business is one that makes lots of profits. and competition means you make no more profit than your next best possible investment. So in order to make extraordinary profits, you need to have few, or ideally only one seller (or product differentiation, which makes you a monopoly over your brand anyway).

which is kind of a simplistic and silly analysis anyway. The point is, successful businesses aren't "by definition" not monopolies. They can be. They might not be.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Oh, now I get it. I messed up in my post and wasn't thinking about grammar. :o
By "successful businesses which are by definition not monopolies" I did not mean "successful businesses are by definition not monopolies" but rather I meant "a successful business which happens to be, by definition, not a monopoly".
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

regradless what i think the only way americans are going to respect me is for me to stop believing and using moore as a source of information about americans. which i am prepared to do as a result i will no longer pay to see his docos. they are all lies and mistruths about what really happens inside the u.s. i have already made so many enemies by even discussing or listening to him (not from this board but other sites)
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Why do you want "Americans" as a whole to respect you? It's such a large group of people that you're bound to fucl some of them off just by using electricity.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

RoboBlue wrote:Why do you want "Americans" as a whole to respect you? It's such a large group of people that you're bound to fucl some of them off just by using electricity.
i am interested in taking a holiday in your country. most likely the state of hawaii and i believe that the only way i am actually going to enjoy it is if i completely give up moore. whilst some of his views do make sense like the cost of health care methoined in sicko. but the claim that poor americans are turned away from health care i now refuse to believe i have had americans over the net tell me that they are NOT refused care if they do not have insurance in fact they were able to get help and the doctors were more than friendly in fact if they did not have insurance the hospital would work out a payment plan until the debt had been paid. you said it yourself roboblue you once told me to stay out of the united states cuz i once had the belief that all of you were gun trigger happy americans. (i do not believe that now) everyone should have the right to own a gun if they are going to use it for the purpose of defending yourselfs even australia should have that right. crime in australia is bad enuff as it is let alone having the right to own a firearm what worse could happen?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
wildrooster
Vortininja

Post by wildrooster »

I can't believe there is a Michael Moore thread on a Keen forum, even if it is outside the game threads. Yikes. He is so 2001.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

wildrooster wrote:He is so 2001.
So is Keen GBC :evil
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Rorie wrote:
RoboBlue wrote:Why do you want "Americans" as a whole to respect you? It's such a large group of people that you're bound to fucl some of them off just by using electricity.
i am interested in taking a holiday in your country. most likely the state of hawaii and i believe that the only way i am actually going to enjoy it is if i completely give up moore. whilst some of his views do make sense like the cost of health care methoined in sicko. but the claim that poor americans are turned away from health care i now refuse to believe i have had americans over the net tell me that they are NOT refused care if they do not have insurance in fact they were able to get help and the doctors were more than friendly in fact if they did not have insurance the hospital would work out a payment plan until the debt had been paid. you said it yourself roboblue you once told me to stay out of the united states cuz i once had the belief that all of you were gun trigger happy americans. (i do not believe that now) everyone should have the right to own a gun if they are going to use it for the purpose of defending yourselfs even australia should have that right. crime in australia is bad enuff as it is let alone having the right to own a firearm what worse could happen?
Sorry if I come off as pretentious, but sometimes I'm bad at making my point. :/
What I was really saying was that there are people in every country who will or won't respect your beliefs, and the only thing you can do about that is either hide what you believe in, or be proud of it and ignore people; I do both.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

wildrooster wrote:I can't believe there is a Michael Moore thread on a Keen forum, even if it is outside the game threads. Yikes. He is so 2001.

Wouldn't say so.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Scarlet wrote:
wildrooster wrote:I can't believe there is a Michael Moore thread on a Keen forum, even if it is outside the game threads. Yikes. He is so 2001.

Wouldn't say so.
An interesting film.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Arjak
Vortininja

Post by Arjak »

Wow! A conversation about politics, on the Internet, that's CIVIL?

I didn't think that was possible! Good job, everyone! :D
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

FUCL YOU ASSHO