Nothing is sacred and there is no hope left for humanity

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Nothing is sacred and there is no hope left for humanity

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Why in the presence of all the gods that exist would there be a sequel to cats and dogs?!? Sitting through the first movie tore holes through my underdeveloped brain and it opened my eyes to the endless mountains of artistic garbage scattered all over the earth. It made me wish I was a tortured slave or a starving lower class child who had his family murdered and his religious worldviews beaten out of him. It was so bad I almost went blind and deaf :bloody It sure is a good thing they didn't invent tasty smell and feel-o-vision.

Oh sure, you could debunk my rant with a sensible "you don't have to watch it." I know that and I'm not going to watch it! But think about all those innocent toddlers and adolescents who don't know any better, who've never seen the first movie and think this one is going to be fun. The disappointment will bear so heavily on them that they will come to an epiphamatic realization that the world should not exist. They will organize into a secret society of child doomsters, using advanced biotechnology to farm flesh-eating bacteria in pitri dishes and release the virii on the world on December 21, 2012 to wipe out all animals, plant life, humanity, and themselves. And it will all be because of a stupid movie that branched from another awful movie that scarred the nintendo nicktoons generation before them. Why, Warner bros? Why would you do this to the world? :'(
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I'm more concerned about people who might go to such a film and actually enjoy it.
Lumpytoast
Vortininja

Post by Lumpytoast »

The Marmaduke remake seems to be just as bad, if not, even worse. I remember seeing the original version a few years back, and from what I can remember, none of the animals talked.
So why talking animals in the remake? Is it a new trend again? :confused
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

VBB, you said everything I thought about this movie and more. Who thought this was ever a good idea?!
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

First of all, the first movie came out, what, ten years ago? And second, I don't remember it even being that popular. So WHY would they need to make a sequel?
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Hopefully a lot of parents can now use the internet and look up reviews of the first movie. :P
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

It was quite popular when it came out on video, but not in the cinemas...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Interestingly enough, I own a bootleg vhs tape of it. I didn't pay for it, a friend gave it to me. :P
It's one of those terrible ones made in the theater with a camcorder.
EpiclyUnepic
Grunt

Post by EpiclyUnepic »

OMG I JUST LEARNED THERES ABOUT 4 SEQUELS TO HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL! YESSSSSS!!

Yeah they make sequels of anything..
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Coming Soon:
Ghandi II: This time it's personal!
Cereal Board!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

The absolute best sequel of all time [sarcasm warning] is Troll II: There's no actor from the first movie, no reference to the first movie whatsoever in terms of characters, storyline or anything. It's not even a similar environment, the first being medieval fantasy and the second being modern gremlins style. My point being: Anything can be a sequel if you just name it as one.

Also the german title of Corky Romano was Mr. Undercover
while Miss Congeniality was titled Miss Undercover in Germany... a good example for trying to fool the audience to think of a sequel.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I've never seen it, but is there any connection between these 'pink panther' movies and the original cartoons at all? How do you go from a mute pink colored wild cat rivaling some short guy with a big nose for no reason with jazzy music to a live action movie about a detective mispronouncing the word 'hamburger'? :dead
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I've never seen it, but is there any connection between these 'pink panther' movies and the original cartoons at all? How do you go from a mute pink colored wild cat rivaling some short guy with a big nose for no reason with jazzy music to a live action movie about a detective mispronouncing the word 'hamburger'? :dead
The Pink Panther film came first. The cartoon came from the fact that the opening credits for the first film featured it and it became popular.
Cereal Board!
Lumpytoast
Vortininja

Post by Lumpytoast »

tulip wrote:The absolute best sequel of all time [sarcasm warning] is Troll II
"They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWD"
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

tulip wrote:The absolute best sequel of all time [sarcasm warning] is Troll II: There's no actor from the first movie, no reference to the first movie whatsoever in terms of characters, storyline or anything. It's not even a similar environment, the first being medieval fantasy and the second being modern gremlins style. My point being: Anything can be a sequel if you just name it as one.

Also the german title of Corky Romano was Mr. Undercover
while Miss Congeniality was titled Miss Undercover in Germany... a good example for trying to fool the audience to think of a sequel.
What about Highlander II?
Cereal Board!