weaboo rant on an anime dub aimed at children

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

weaboo rant on an anime dub aimed at children

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

4Kids strikes again. The redub of Dragonball Z, DBZ Kai, has a new sountrack that's an improvement over the original dub but it doesn't even come close to, you know, ACTUALLY USING THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK! :x

But that matter is of little consequence compared to the horrible mutilation of retconned truths I will unfold to you in the next sentance. Mr. Popo... Is....

*SPOILER ALERT*

BLUE! :|

That's right. He's as blue as the blue screen of death. And they didn't even do a very good job recoloring him, either. You can so tell that someone just sloppily painted over him. Just like what they did to Jynx. All because of this stupid thing called blackface that bigots thought was a funny idea. Thanks alot for bastardizing my cherished childhood memories, Archie Bunker >:

You can now go back to your regularly scheduled commander keen and fad threads.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Watch subs.

[/thread]
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Yeah, I understand that it's hard to see something mocked and beaten, but didn't you say you followed chris-chan and sonichu? :P
Seriously though, it's on dvd. Uncut. In Japanese. Which is more than we'll ever see for yugioh/sonic x/kirby/f-zero/pokemon/gash bell/digimon. :(
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

But when C-Chan mocked Mr. Popo he painted his face black, NOT FREAKING BLUE!

Honestly though, I don't really care as much as some people do. They have epic hissy fits and declare armageddon over dubbed naruto and new pokemon voice actors. Honestly, Ash is getting older, his voice is SUPPOSED to be getting deeper. And people hold grudges over not using swear words? I mean, the word in japanese is usually kuso or something, meaning poop, and then when it's 'uncut' it usually gets translated to dam. How is that an accurate translation? Darn and fucl and lotsa spaghetti work just as well.

But maybe I'd want to beat japanese Mother 2 just to see Ness naked in magicant. From what I understand, he doesn't have any junk down there. So does that make him the opposite of a hermaphrodite? :dopefish Image
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:But when C-Chan mocked Mr. Popo he painted his face black, NOT FREAKING BLUE!
I was referring more to the fact that the entire community exists solely to mock Chris himself.
Oh, and here's ness: http://earthboundcentral.com/wp-content ... edness.png There's really nothing to see, but I posted it as a link instead of an img just on the off-chance that someone would be offended.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Lol, I forgot he's still wearing his hat :lol
Which is pretty hilarious since in Earthbound he's wearing his jammies and NO HAT. I'm pretty sure there's actually a picture of it in the strategy guide, along with a screen of the erasable octopus statue and a ton of other japan stuff that apparently wasn't changed at the time the guides were printed. I still have that thing as a keepsake 8) Image
JMF
Grunt

Post by JMF »

lol an image of keen with ness hat lol (first post) in this forum hi everyone XD
Arjak
Vortininja

Post by Arjak »

Welcome, JMF! It's good to have you here! Please enjoy your stay!
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Did Ness ever get a pogo stick? It seems like the kind of thing he'd use. Also, welcome to the forum! :)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

JMF is my new favorite user for his necros Image
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The over 9000 episode premiered today. Vegeta's delivery was dull and uninspired and nappa just yammered like a raging drunk. Vegeta wasn't even like "IT'S OVUH NIEN THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!" He was more like "It's over nine thousand! *smash!*
Goku was all "Heh I bet I won't even have to use Ke-o-ken on you" and then beat the living crap out of nappa like a joke. In other words, 4Kids did a sub-par job re-enacting the famous over 9000 scene :tired
Oh, and they didn't even bother to correct it to 8000 this time. Way to go.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Maybe they were afraid it would be written off as a pointless edit by the fanboys.

oh wait