The Lorax

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

RoboBlue wrote: the guy in the story (the Lorax himself)
That's the main problem with this trailer. The Lorax isn't the main character. Too much focus is being put on the kid who was just supposed to be an earpiece for the reader to hear the Lorax story.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

I agree with VBB's statement. Dr. Seuss was just not meant to be 3D-animated. The early animated Seuss shorts were instant classics because the frames looked like stills from his books. Obviously the man himself had a hand in the creation process, and in my opinion the Seuss animation business should have expired upon his death.

The animated Peanuts shorts had the same charm for the same reason - the style on screen was just the same as the prints. Is somebody going to try and create Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, and Lucy in 3D? I wouldn't put it past Illumination Entertainment. They're producing Despicable Me 2 right now.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

eh, I don't think something as highly abstracted and philosophical, as well as pacifist and stress free as Peanuts would sell well today beyond handbag and childrens toothbrush ornaments.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

I could definitely see them remaking Race For Your Life Charlie Brown, one of the only Peanuts stories with villains.