Muscial live performances / gigs

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Commander Spleen wrote:The next show I'm attending is Covenant along with a few other Industrial/EBM bands, in October. Woot.
Me so jealous. :( :furious They're so garging good!! Sydney and Melbourne get all the bands all the times!

Never been on the stage, but would like to try that, though. But no hope of starting a strange band. I've got plenty of ideas but I've got no people.

And, I don't like progressive metal. The quitar is too quitarish. The overall sound is just something I don't like.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Progressive Metal, is good, technically, but most people don't listen just for skills. I like a few prog bands (Dream Theater, Symphony X... That's really it, actually. I never really liked Opeth.), but as far as Metal goes, I'd much rather listen to some Nightwish.

I do need to expand my musical tastes, though. I like a lot of genres, but I usually only listen to one or two good bands of each, if any. (There's a lot of genres that I *like,* but don't bother actually finding any specific bands or artists.)

I've thought many times about starting a band, but the only good musicians I know really, REALLY don't like my kind of music. Plus I can never find inspiration to write even a single riff. :dead
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

I've never really totally gotten into metal; I think I went through a phase once my freshman year where I was into it but I've kinda grown out of that. Besides I've always been more of a disco fan.
Member since 2003, with breaks of varying longevity interspersed.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Going to see Black Dice (something quite experimental band) live today. I don't have any of their music, so I don't know much what to expect. :dopekeen

Edit: Expect loud as garg noise music! :mort These guys were crazy.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

So I guess the tendency is that most Keen fans here like metal and gothic kinds of music, apart from the Jethro Tull thing, but that fits in as well because it's just as complex and technical as Metal.

The last thing I saw was a Band I know from my hometown wich are called the Mars Mushrooms. (http://www.marsmushrooms.de if anyone's interested). I love those guys. Jam-Rock in tradition of bands like Grateful Dead ':dead2' or Phish.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
xtraverse
Stranded Fish

Post by xtraverse »

Jam band fan here too! (I'm from Vermont, it would be a crime to not like Phish)