Kyle XY (Spoilers)

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Kyle XY (Spoilers)

Post by KeenEmpire »

------

2x22 spoiler:

They really did turn into Jedi, didn't they?
Last edited by KeenEmpire on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:17, edited 1 time in total.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Still waiting for them to screen the second half of the second season, or something like that. They stopped here to the episode where Jessi (my favourite character in the series 8)) jumped off the cliff.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Just downloaded episode 22 today. Might watch it shortly.

And that's all I have to say about that...
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Spoilers (Seasons 2.5+):

It really does surprise me how strong the dichotomy is between Kyle the healer and Jessi the warrior (I'm serious, it's like their individual powers are geared this way, Jessi is all about telekinesis and strength and speed while the only power Kyle's been using is healing. Then again, it does reflect their personalities. Jessi can't resist not becoming stronger, and Kyle can't bear not helping others. I wonder what it would be like if he actually used his "force powers" more often.)
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

It's interesting to see an esoteric perspective on the show. Looking at it from that angle, it does seem to fit quite well, to the point that I'm inclined to believe it's an intentional aspect of the storyline.

Watching this weeks episode momentarily.

(3000th article!)
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

It's getting canceled after this season :(
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Alas. Though the plot feels like it's wearing thin into the third season. The two episodes I've seen are pretty un-epic. I'd rather see it die into cult status than live on into genericity.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

I sort of liked the 2nd season toward the very end, but the real shame is that the 3rd season episodes are actually Good (maybe these writers do better when they're forced to fit it all into 10 episodes).
I'd rather see it die into cult status than live on into genericity.
I generally agree (the new Battlestar Galactica), but it doesn't seem to me that they can close Kyle's story within 6 more episodes.

If they had exactly one more season, I could see it working perfectly - but alas.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Well, who says we ought to remake Commander Keen with these abilities? ;)